Willis Towers Watson is a preeminent developer of risk and financial modelling software, with over 400 clients worldwide. We combine the technical innovation and engineering expertise of our software professionals with the actuarial knowledge and thought leadership of our insurance consulting business to provide solutions that help clients’ measure value, manage risk and safeguard solvency.
Willis Towers Watson’s software solutions support insurance companies and other businesses that require sophisticated and auditable modelling and analytics processes as they confront volatile markets and regulatory changes. Our software solutions underpin a variety of activities, ranging from asset-liability modelling, pricing and reserving, through to economic capital aggregation and allocation.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
The role of the Software Engineering Team is to create, maintain and deliver software to some of the most well-known global insurance companies and the many hundreds of internal consultant users in the Insurance Consulting and Technology business. As a Software Engineering graduate, the role is intentionally varied and will involve you discussing functionality with consultants, proposing solutions and generating prototypes, understanding and coding algorithms ensuring that time and memory constraints are satisfied, iterating user interfaces and researching new technologies and tools.
You will be involved in all aspects of professional software development life cycle using the latest tools and techniques to deliver complex software of the highest quality. You will learn how software is produced and experience all aspects of today’s industry best practices. This includes but is not limited to:
- Understanding what our clients need and how to solve those needs
- Developing high-performance software using various technologies on multiple platforms
- Creating an engaging user experience through clean and crisp user interfaces
- Delivering quality using the latest test and automation techniques
- Deployment to complex client IT infrastructures.
This is all done within small agile teams that collaboratively contribute to the effective delivery of quality software.
Career Path & Qualification
As a graduate at Willis Towers Watson, you have a world of opportunity ahead of you. As a Software Engineer, you will drive your own career progression, moving into software architecture, project management or progressing through education, training and experience to become a subject matter expert in software development.
We offer graduates the flexibility to study towards a range of qualifications from both technical and business disciplines depending on the needs of the business and individuals.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical or analytic discipline with a reasonable understanding of Mathematics is required
- It would also be an advantage to possess the following skills:
- Experienced in the breadth of the software development lifecycle, with the flexibility to work from architecture decisions to system level testing
- Experience of writing software in an object oriented mainstream language (C#, C++, Java)
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies
- Appreciation of algorithm and software performance.
The Application Process
- Stage 1: Online application, including CV
- Stage 2: Online testing
- Stage 3: Video interview
- Stage 4: Assessment centre
- Stage 5: Offer and on-boarding
Equal Opportunity Employer
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme for undergraduates will be the beginning of September 2020.
For Masters’/PHD students, we can be flexible on the start date depending on course dates.
For more information about our Technology opportunities, please visit the website.
Opening Date: 3rd September 2019
Closing Date: 31st January 2020
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!