About Green Alliance
Green Alliance is an independent think tank and charity focused on ambitious leadership for the environment.
Since 1979, we have been working with the most influential leaders in business, NGOs and politics to accelerate political action and create transformative policy for a green and prosperous UK.
We are focused on ensuring the UK government rises to the significant environmental leadership challenges of our age and, in doing so, reaps the social and economic benefits that come from an effective UK response to the climate and nature crises.
- Turning UK political ambition on climate and nature into rapid action
- Promoting effective solutions for a fair transition to a green economy
- Pushing the boundaries to find new answers to complex environmental problems
Our recruitment process
We are using Applied to recruit to our graduate scheme, a platform that reduces bias by allowing anonymised recruitment. You will be asked to submit a CV during the application process, but this will not be used to shortlist applicants. Once you start your application via Applied, it will be saved, allowing you to return to it at any time.
The closing date for applications is 10am on 11 July 2022.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates are expected to be held in the week commencing 18 July.
We expect positions to commence in early October 2022.
Culture and values
Green Alliance is committed to achieving positive outcomes for the environment. To do so successfully, we aim to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative working culture that allows our staff to reach their full potential.
In our work to deliver ambitious leadership for the environment we are guided by the following values:
- We are optimists
- We believe that a green and prosperous UK is achievable.
- We are change makers
- We are flexible and agile, focusing on where the power is, and on whatever we think will have the greatest impact.
- We are collaborative
- We are pluralists and believe that collaboration and seeking to understand others’ viewpoints is the only way to make progress; this is reflected in how we operate both internally and externally.
- We embrace complexity
- We will never ignore the fact that environmental issues are inherently complex and inseparable from other important issues, including social impacts, and we do our best to address this in all our work.
- We are inclusive
In all aspects of our work we seek to include, involve and listen to diverse voices and communities, as a necessary component of success.
Equality and diversity
We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage applications from all members of the community, including under-represented groups in the charity and environment sectors such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities, people with experience in the care system, and first in family graduates. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer and will accommodate special requirements wherever possible.