Miller Insurance Services LLP |
About Miller Insurance Services LLP
Miller is a specialist insurance broker – we use our expertise and relationships with insurers and markets to find the most suitable insurance cover tailored to meet our clients’ needs.
Founded in 1902, Miller has a longstanding relationship with Lloyd’s of London - the leading international insurance marketplace where underwriters (insurers) and brokers meet to do business. Miller is the sixth largest premium provider to Lloyd’s, and has over 650 colleagues globally.
Miller work with a wide range of organisations to provide insurance services, from international shipping companies and businesses operating oil rigs, to professional athletes and people needing kidnap and ransom cover.
Graduates at Miller
Our graduates become permanent members of a specialist team from day one, and are given all the tools and development support they need. To start, we support you to achieve the foundation insurance qualifications of our professional body, the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) – starting with the London Market (LM) 1 and 2 examinations.
What we look for
Our adverts contain role-specific requirements, but we tend to look for:
- Bright and driven – motivated and capable to research the industry, to learn effectively and to seize opportunities for professional development
- Negotiation and influencing skills – skilful at ensure the best outcome for our clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication – working effectively with clients, colleagues, and the wider industry
- Detail oriented – able to identify errors, and careful to ensure information is correct
We support you to grow in your role and develop your career with us, working with you to provide the tailored professional development you need.
Whether it’s studying for professional qualifications, topping up your specialist knowledge, practical skills training or matching you with a mentor, our dedicated learning and development team helps you to flourish within our Career Pathway – Miller’s career progression framework.
Diversity and Inclusion
In 2015 we signed the Inclusive Insurance Pledge, demonstrating our commitment to building a culture where inclusive behaviours are the norm and where everyone is accepting of diversity. Our Inclusion @ Miller committee and employee networks (Culture, Gender and Pride) promote our culture of diversity and merit-based advancement, and provide education and support to Miller and our management.
- A member of the 30% club – a global campaign to increase gender diversity at board and senior management level
- Participants and sponsors of Dive In Festival – the Lloyd’s of London diversity in insurance festival
- Represented at Pride London, and active supporters of LGBTQ+ initiatives
- A business which promotes home working and agile working
Miller is committed to promoting a healthy and motivated culture and we are proud to offer our people a range of competitive benefits designed to support their overall health, wellbeing and careers.
- Minimum 25 days' holiday plus public holidays, and ability to 'purchase' additional days
- Private Medical scheme
- Season ticket loans, to purchase transport season tickets for travel to work
- Subsidised gym memberships, and corporate gym rates
- 10% Miller-funded pension. Miller also matches employee contributions up to a further 5%
In addition to our benefits, we take pride in our Wellbeing offering and work to ensure that we provide a holistic approach when supporting employees, including to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
More from Miller Insurance Services LLP
Facts and figures
- Number of employees: 501 to 1000
- Banking, Insurance & Financial Services