Are you a senior manager, consultant or entrepreneur who wants to draw together both the theoretical and practical aspects of leadership and managerial experience? Designed to enable you to develop professional practice, theoretical understanding and reflexive capability, the Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) is a high level, innovative qualification and an alternative route if you wish to research your professional practice at doctorate level.
* Enjoy being central to the progress of the course - the DBA assumes that your organisation and society are continually changing, and will relate these issues to wider theoretical questions.
* Further your understanding of leadership and change and, through the study of specific situations, make general conclusions about practical problems.
* Develop a creative mind in relation to individual perspectives and organisational contexts.
* Benefit from direct involvement with the Plymouth Graduate School of Management research community
* Gain new perspectives and learn precise methodological approaches that add value in terms of effectiveness, capability and efficiency.?
Entry criteria will reflect the status of the programme and include workplace experience as well as previous qualifications. You will be interviewed and your capability to undertake the taught part of the programme will be established
Progression onto the research element will depend on successful completion of six modules and a research proposal.
You will undertake an individual research project drawing on your practical experience and theoretical frameworks. Initially there is an emphasis on close direction through workshops, presentations and written papers. On the basis of the written papers and a research proposal, the second phase involves the completion of a thesis. You will be expected to concentrate on an issue directly related to your workplace, such as solving a problem or identifying new operational procedures. Before you start your thesis, you'll agree your area of research with the University, individual student and any other participating organisations. Individual tuition and supervision will be available to you for the duration of the programme.
Get in touch today and increase your future employability