This programme will give you the skills and experience to become an industry-accredited professional.
- Be prepared to respond to the computing challenges of the business world;
- Gain the theoretical underpinning needed to support sound analysis, design and delivery of technology solutions;
- Develop a systematic understanding of the software development process; as well as practical software and information systems engineering capabilities based on well-founded principles;
- Be able to communicate in an IT context and gain graduate-level transferable skills;
- Get professional experience and a wide perspective on IT and business through employment at collaborating host companies, or the Aston student-run software company;
- Prepare yourself for an effective career in IT with the potential to reach leadership roles.
The MSc Computer Science programme will enable students to develop a systematic understanding of the software development process, and the associated professional skills necessary in practice.
A Bachelors Degree in a non-Computing subject, with at least grade 2:1 (or equivalent). Before being admitted onto the programme, applicants will be expected to take an aptitude test and to participate in an interview. Entry requirements for each individual student will be stated in their offer letter.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification.
This programme will be taught through a series of lectures, seminars, tutorials, lab sessions, practicals, online activity, independent study, field trips and work placements.
It will be assessed through a combination of written and oral examinations, class tests, individual and group coursework, projects, presentations and practical assessments.
Students who do not wish to continue to the full MSc qualification may decide to undertake a smaller 20 credit diploma project, leading to a Postgraduate Diploma.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||August 2018||18,650 (Year 1)||International||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||August 2018||7,850 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability