Bath Spa University
Teach First Leadership Development Programme (LDP)
Developed in collaboration with leading schools and universities including Bath Spa, the Teach First Leadership Development Programme combines world-class teacher and leadership training, leading to a qualification that formally recognises your advanced skills in both teaching and leadership. The two-year paid programme is based on global best practice and research and refined through more than 14 years of experience and feedback from leading employers, teaching experts and, of course, previous participants.
All applicants should:
- Have a degree or A-levels that satisfy our teaching requirements.
- Have Grade C* in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent). *Those placed to teach in a secondary school in Wales will require at least a B in Maths and English - GCSE. Grade C in one science GCSE is also required for primary or Early Years teaching eligibility.
- Be flexible to work in any of our locations.
- You'll engage with the programme during an intensive five week Summer Institute before starting in your placement school in September. While working in school, you'll undertake three modules with input delivered by both Bath Spa University and Teach First. At the end of Year One, you'll achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Now a qualified teacher, you'll undertake two further modules of study to complete your PGDE academic award.
You’ll start at your school as an unqualified teacher and your progress will be continually monitored and supported by your school, Regional Training Provider and Teach First. In your second year you will teach as a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT), and will continue to receive the structured support as part of the LDP, including mentoring, training and events where you and your cohort will come together, share experiences, reflect on your development and examine ways to accelerate your progress in addressing our goals as a movement for lasting social change.
This is a fully-funded employment-based route.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|PGDE||Full time||2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability