Buckinghamshire New University
If you are passionate about education, already have a PGCE and want to advance your teaching expertise and research skills, this MA is for you. Employers looking to fill leadership and advanced practitioner roles are increasingly looking for candidates with a master's level understanding of the sector. It's also an ideal choice for those who want to build a career in educational research.
This course is a highly structured part-time route to gaining a higher qualification in your field. We've designed this course for educational professionals working in a range of areas including:
- primary education
- secondary education
- higher and further education
- practice education in health and social care.
What will this course cover?
Building on your existing knowledge of your area of practice, you will develop your research, analysis and critical thinking skills. You will also improve your professional practice by understanding more about educational theories and approaches. Your studies will enable you to take an in-depth look at current educational management practice, theory, research and policy.
The programme encourages you to apply principles in practice, providing you with the chance to study a particular area of education in-depth. We expect you to carry out a sustained research study that involves:
- a critical review of current knowledge in a specific area of educational practice
- blending different research findings
- reaching appropriate conclusions.
Through your research, you will also be able to make evidence-based recommendations relevant to your area of educational practice.
You must hold a postgraduate certificate in the broad field of education studies: this will automatically enable you to bring 60 credits into the MA Education framework.
Postgraduate certificates recognised within the framework include:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education leading to QTS
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education leading to QTLS
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education leading to Nurse Tutor registration (NMC)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education leading to Practice Teacher registration (NMC)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education leading to Higher Education Academy Fellowship
- Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Practice (linked to Graduate Teacher Programme).
Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) to the value of 30 credits is available within the master's framework. It is possible to APL against either Capturing Professional Education or Mentoring in the Practice Setting/ Principles of Practice Education. It is not possible to APL against the research modules.
Year 1 modules
- Principles of Practice Education
- Capturing Professional Education
Year 2 modules
- Postgraduate Dissertation
Most courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MA||Part-time||£ 2,750 (Academic year)||Home/EU||2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability