Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The MBA is an internationally recognised and respected qualification for managers. Applicants are from both the public and private sectors in the UK and abroad.
The teaching programme is aimed at those who are looking to develop their careers and at 'high flyers' that need an understanding of all the major functions of business providing generalist knowledge for prospective leaders.
In addition to enhancing successful students' career prospects, the course aims to encourage independent and creative thinkers. This is done by following the UK Quality Assurance Agency guidelines in giving students a 'strong practical and professional orientation' differentiating it from other masters programmes.
All students complete seven taught modules, (five compulsory core modules and two optional modules), together with a final dissertation/project.
Applicants should meet one of the following:
- Possess, or expect to obtain, a degree from a recognised university with a minimum of a 2:2 classification;
- Have a minimum of five years relevant management experience;
- Hold a professional or other qualification which is deemed acceptable for admission .
The MBA programme is conducted in English, and thus candidates are expected to have an acceptable IELTS score if they have not undertaken their previous studies in the language. The IELTS score should be no lower than 6.0, with no sub score being lower than 5.5. There are quality assurance measures taken at programme, school and institutional level to ensure standards are consistently met.
There are quality assurance measures taken at programme, school and institutional level to ensure standards are consistently met.
Selection for this course is through an application form and, where necessary, an interview.
How to apply:
Applications for this course should be made direct to the university via our self-service facility.
The core modules are designed to expose participants to state of the art thinking in the key management disciplines and provide opportunity throughout to apply theory to real life management situations.
- Accounting for Decision-Makers
- Operations Management
- People and Organisations
- Strategic Management
- Elective Modules:
- Participants will be able to choose from a range of electives. These will include:
- Management of Finance
- Capital Markets and Derivatives
- Principles of Islamic Finance
- Islamic Investment Banking
- Managing People in a Global Context
- Developing People for Leadership and Management
- Buyer Behaviour and Relationship Marketing
- Strategic Global Marketing
- Product Development Management
- Managing the Product Development Process
- Project Management Theory and Practice
- Delivering Successful Projects
Successful completion of a combination of these subjects (with core modules and final project / dissertation) will entitle students to the award of MBA. However, students may opt to undertake a specialism, studying two subjects in the same area, for example Principles of Islamic Finance and Islamic Investment Banking; the programme offers several pathways for students wishing to have their specialisms noted, and these include:
- MBA (Finance)
- MBA (Islamic Finance)
- MBA (Human Resource Management)
- MBA (Marketing)
- MBA (Product Development Management)
- MBA (Project Management)
Final module (40 credits):
The final, 40 credit project is a double module, completed by students after they have completed all taught modules. Whether an academic piece of research or an investigation into the launching of a business; it is designed to be an intellectually challenging piece of individual management research. It will equip successful students with the knowledge, capabilities and competences required of today's managers, in a world in which the ability to research new information is increasingly important.
Assessment is via a combination of examinations, assignments, presentations, groupwork and the final project.
|Qualification||Study mode||Fee status||Fee||Study period||Duration|
|MBA||Full time||12 16 months|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability