City, University of London
Advanced Mechanical Engineering
The programme has been developed from our research strength in fluid dynamics, structural mechanics, mathematical modelling in CAD, renewable and sustainable energy, gas turbine engineering, IC engines and powertrain, and advanced heat transfer.
The Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc will help you:
- Gain advanced knowledge of the latest technological developments in advanced mechanical engineering, particularly in thermo-fluids applications.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals, practical skills and an appreciation of the latest developments in engineering solutions in the energy and transport sectors.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the general areas of Mechanical Engineering subjects and to extended knowledge of underlying principles of modern methods of control and design of vehicle and power train systems.
- Assess the behaviour of mechanical, aeronautical or electrical systems.
- Apply advanced methods of analysis to mechanical, aeronautical or electrical systems.
- Gain extended knowledge of the underlying principles of modern methods of design of mechanical, aeronautical or electrical systems with appropriate methods.
- Appreciate advanced computer methods, e.g. CFD and CAD, using different software techniques.
MSc: Applicants should hold a Bachelor's degree with lower second class honours or above, in mechanical or automotive engineering or a related scientific or engineering discipline, or the equivalent from an international institution.
Consideration is given to candidates who can demonstrate work experience in an appropriate field.
For overseas students whose first language is not English, the following qualification is required:
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||£ 9,000 ()||Home/EU||12 Months|
|MSc||Part-time||£ 4,500 ()||Home/EU||24 Months|
|MSc||Full-time||£ 16,500 ()||International||12 Months|
|MSc||Part-time||£ 8,250 ()||International||24 Months|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2018||8,250 (Year 1)||International||2 2 Years|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2018||4,500 (Year 1)||Home/EU||2 2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||16,500 (Year 1)||International||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||9,000 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability