Comparative and European Private Law
This programme offers you the opportunity to obtain an advanced qualification that is both academically rigorous and professionally beneficial. Drawing on both the civil and common-law traditions, it combines the comparative study of the modern development in key areas of private law, and also the dynamics of European harmonisation initiatives. It is particularly suited to those who have studied a range of private law subjects at undergraduate level, although it is also open to those whose undergraduate law degree has combined other specialisations.
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law.
We may also consider a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a social science subject.
Please check whether your international qualifications meet our general entry requirements.
English language requirements
All applicants must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of their English language ability:
- an undergraduate or masters degree, that was taught and assessed in English in a majority English speaking country as defined by UK Visas and Immigration
- UKVI list of majority English speaking countries
- IELTS: total 7.0 (at least 6.5 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT: total 100 (at least 23 in each module)
- PTE(A): total 67 (at least 61 in each of the "Communicative Skills" sections)
- CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 176 in each module)
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
Degrees taught and assessed in English must be no more than two and a half years old at the beginning of your degree programme. Language tests must be no more than two years old at the beginning of your degree programme.
Course may include: contract law in Europe; comparative property law; delict and tort; the anatomy of private law; comparative and international trust law; unjustified enrichment and restitution.
For detailed information about courses being offered on this programme please visit our website.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|LLM||Part-time||September 2018||2 Years|
|LLM||Full-time||September 2018||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability