This programme provides an excellent grounding for the future study of commercial law, for those intending to enter legal practice, or for those intending to pursue a career in the commercial world.
You will have the opportunity to explore a wide range of subjects at an advanced level and study the law in the fast-paced and varied context of the commercial world. You will also benefit from connections to the legal profession and professional networks of the Edinburgh Centre for Commercial Law.
The programme offers a wide range of subjects that deal with various aspects of commercial law enabling you to tailor the LLM to meet your specific interests. Subjects may include:
- Company law
- Contract law in Europe
- Insolvency Law
- EU competition law
- International tax law
- European tax law
- Principals of Insurance Law
- Principals of Corporate Finance
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in an appropriate subject, or relevant qualifications and experience.
Please check whether your international qualifications meet our general entry requirements.
English language requirements
All applicants must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of their English language ability:
- an undergraduate or masters degree, that was taught and assessed in English in a majority English speaking country as defined by UK Visas and Immigration
- UKVI list of majority English speaking countries
- IELTS: total 7.0 (at least 6.5 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT: total 100 (at least 23 in each module)
- PTE(A): total 67 (at least 61 in each of the "Communicative Skills" sections)
- CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 176 in each module)
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
Degrees taught and assessed in English must be no more than two and a half years old at the beginning of your degree programme. Language tests must be no more than two years old at the beginning of your degree programme.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|LLM||Part-time||September 2018||2 Years|
|LLM||Full-time||September 2018||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability