The Diploma in Culinary Management has been designed to inspire and complete the knowledge of tomorrow’s restaurant managers and business owners who will be entering the industry at an increasingly competitive time.
The focus throughout the programme will be on advanced practical and technical culinary skills, alongside gastronomy, entrepreneurship and management studies. The course will be taught through Le Cordon Bleu’s unique teaching style, which consists of demonstrations and practical sessions where students will develop their creativity and innovation in line with modern food trends and advanced cooking techniques such as modernist, molecular and multi sensory cuisine.
Le Cordon Bleu Cuisine or Pâtisserie Diploma or Grand Diplôme® or equivalent culinary qualification.
- Culinary innovation, advanced culinary techniques
- Gastronomy and food trends
- Menu concepts & Marketing
- Wine & Beverages
- Food & Beverage cost control
- Professional kitchen management
- Food hygiene & Safety
- Business environment.
Approx 20 hours per week.
The course costs £5,995. Please note you will have to purchase the knife kit and uniform at an additional cost (£630).
This course is ideal for Le Cordon Bleu culinary arts graduates or someone with an equivalent culinary qualification who wants to pursue their studies in the culinary management field.
This unique Level 4 diploma combines advanced knowledge and skills in culinary arts as well as a strong focus on business, operations and management. It is composed of:
- Advanced culinary classes: learn and master cooking techniques, recipe and menu planning, current food trends, innovative concepts and sensory skills including level 3 Award Food Hygiene in Catering, awarded by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
- Key operational and management disciplines: understand and hone all the skills to manage a successful and efficient operation including fundamentals of kitchen management such as supply chain, turnover, costing, leadership and staff management
- Business and marketing: deepen the skills required to create strong business model highlighting the importance of marketing in the restaurant industry.
Students graduating from the course will be equipped with the skills to become managers in the hospitality and restaurant industries across the world, as well as business owners in their own right.
Examples of potential positions
- Executive Chef/Manager
- Restaurant manager
- Food and beverage executive
- Food entrepreneur
- Food product developer/researcher
- Events coordinator
This diploma course has been accredited under an “Investing in Quality” licence from national awarding organisation NCFE, and the course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 4 using Ofqual’s Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors.
Please note you will have to purchase the knife kit and uniform at an additional cost (£630).
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|Diploma||Full-time||£ 5,995 ()||Home/EU||3 Months|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability