Aimed at Newly or Recently Qualified Teachers, this Masters in Education Practice from Liverpool John Moores University is linked to the NQT year and early professional development needs and enables you to explore identified professional development areas, apply practitioner research and enhance your learner impact.
- Study part time over 1-2 years while working as a teacher
- Benefit from a programme specifically designed to support NQTs/RQTs and meet their early professional development needs
- Enjoy flexible delivery, support and fit studying around your work commitments
- Completing this Masters degree will benefit your professional development as a teacher and enhance your career prospects
You will need:
- to have completed an initial teacher training programme at postgraduate or undergraduate level and have achieved Qualified Teacher Status
- to be employed as a teacher during your period of study
International students will also be expected to demonstrate a very good level of English language competence via an IELTS score of 6.0-6.5 or equivalent.
This course will only run subject to minimum numbers.
The course is extremely flexible and part time study enables you integrate your learning with your professional role.
University-based study includes three full day blocks conferences, delivered on Saturdays (one per term) and twilight seminars where tutorial support is also available. The conference-style, whole day sessions involve interactive learning with lectures, seminars and workshops. The practical applications of the course may involve integration of study with your professional activity in school or college.
Those entering with 60 credits at level 7 opt for three modules from:
- Professional Practice for Beginning Teachers - Explores the nature of professional practice in relation to the school organisation, the curriculum and the subject area/phase expectations.
- Pedagogy in Practice - Explores best practice in the application of the principles of planning, organising and assessing learning in the context of your emerging teaching practice.
- Inclusion - Supports developing understanding of policy and current research into the needs of diverse groups of learners and the implications for your classroom practice.
- Subject Pedagogy - Investigate subject knowledge and subject /phase specific pedagogy, providing a launch pad to enhance your impact as a specialist teacher.
- Researching Classroom Practice - Supports you in the implementation and evaluation of a practice based research project, designed to impact on children’s learning.
- Developing Reflective Professional Practice - Develops critical skills in reflective practice that are applied to the analysis of professional and classroom base issues and incidents to support professional learning.
Those entering with 120 credits at level 7 complete the 60 credit core module:
- Professional Inquiry - Involves the development and implementation of several practice based research projects linked to your needs and relevant to professional practice in your subject area with the support of an experienced academic tutor.
All assessments are closely linked to school and college-based practice and involve the completion of reports, small scale practice-based research projects, presentations, and critical reflections on professional practice.
As a practice-based programme there is a strong emphasis on the application of ideas developed in the context of your own classroom, school or setting.
Final year undergraduates and alumni of the University are eligible to apply for a 20% reduction in their postgraduate tuition fees if they choose to progress onto a higher degree programme at LJMU. Both Home and international LJMU students and alumni can apply for this award (subject to eligibility criteria*).
All full and part-time students enrolled on postgraduate taught programmes at LJMU are liable to pay an annual tuition fee. You can opt to pay your tuition fees in full at the start of each academic year or pay by instalments
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MA||Part-time weekend||£ 33 (Credit)||Home/EU||1 2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability