LLM (Master of Laws)
The LLM is a stand-alone qualification for those who wish to enhance their career prospects through acquiring relevant knowledge and skills in a broad range of modules.
Students on the programme will be taught by: academics highly involved in research in specific subject areas, career young research active lecturers, qualified and former practitioners of law and internationally established experts in their field.
Members of staff at the School of Law carry out research in Law (UK, International) Global Crime and Security and Criminal Justice.
An appropriate honours degree e.g. in Law, Criminal Justice, Politics, Finance, Banking or Accounting or a professional qualification deemed to be equivalent to an appropriate honours degree.
Degree classification: minimum 2:2
Qualifications and previous work experience deemed to be equivalent to the above entry requirements and in suitable areas linked to the award.
English language requirements
LJMU welcomes applications from international students. In addition to normal entry requirements, you will be expected to demonstrate a very good level of English language competence, for example an IELTS score of 6.0-6.5 or equivalent. Please note: specific courses may require higher levels of English language competence.
- Advanced Legal Research Methods
- Drugs, Alcohol and Criminal Justice
- Crime, Power and Victimisation
- Delivering Rehabilitation
- Youth Justice
- The Police, Policing and the Governance of Security
- International Criminal Law
- Conflict and Warfare in International Law
- Statehood, Peoples and Statelessness
- Democracy, Rule of Law and Human Rights
- The United Nations, International Security and Global Justice
- Global Crime and Security
- EU Foreign Security and Justice Policy
- Gendered Perspectives on International Law
- International Trade & Finance Law
- International Commercial Contracting
- Global Finance Law & Regulation
- International Corporate Governance
- International Financial Crime
- International Intellectual Property Law
- International Dispute Resolution
- International Labour Law
- International Maritime Law
Please note that modules will run subject to availability.
Home students can pay also £31.60 per credit.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|LLM||Full-time||£ 5,700 (Academic year)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|LLM||Full-time||£ 11,630 (Academic year)||International||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability