The programme is designed to educate, train and cater for the high demand from companies seeking postgraduate students with expertise in formulation, testing and regulations related to cosmetics industry in the UK and globally.
• The only Cosmetic Science MSc available in the UK
• Designed in consultation with industry to enable students to develop the academic knowledge and practical skills required by cosmetics companies
• Enhance your knowledge of cosmetic products and gain hands-on laboratory experience
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the safety and regulatory requirements
• Potential research opportunities with industry partners
• Acquire business knowledge and skills to create and launch new cosmetic products
The programme has been designed to introduce new concepts, ideas and methods to students, whilst also encouraging them to become more independent thinkers.
Course content is delivered via a combination of interactive lectures, workshops, seminars and project work.
Please see guidance below on core and option modules for further information on what you will study.
• Research Methods
Equips students with the necessary core skills to effectively design, plan, perform and report scientific research.
• Formulation and Characterisation of Cosmetics
Covers the application of raw materials and cosmetic formulations.
• Physiology and Toxicology
Gain knowledge and understanding of human physiology and toxicology of raw and active materials used in cosmetic products.
•?Safety Assessment of Cosmetics
Covers the regulatory framework, including the chemical safety assessment of cosmetic ingredients in the UK, EU and worldwide.
• Manufacture of Cosmetics
This module covers the scale-up for manufacturing and packaging attributes of relevance to cosmetic formulations. In addition, students will acquire the knowledge, understanding and application of microbiological testing.
• Business Planning for Cosmetic Products
Enables students to analyse and identify a commercially viable cosmetic product and produce a business plan to enable to the product to be launched.
• Research Project
An independent, in-depth study of an agreed aspect of cosmetic science researched in an appropriate manner.
Assessment is via a combination of exams and coursework including: laboratory reports, essays, oral and poster presentations, research project reports, problem solving exercises and case studies.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 6,500 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 14,450 (Year 1)||International||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability