Manchester Metropolitan Business School
Financial Technology (FinTech)
FinTech (financial technology) is disrupting and reshaping commerce. The term is applied anywhere technology is used to help companies manage the financial aspects of a business. It includes new software and applications, processes and business models.
In June 2017, Ernst and Young reported that FinTech had achieved initial mass adoption in most markets and will continue to gain momentum. In the UK, FinTech has been valued at around £7 billion by Deloitte, so it's no surprise to see it in all major political parties' economic strategies.
There's never been a better time to build your expertise in this exciting and evolving area.
**Understanding rapidly evolving financial markets**
This course combines our expertise in finance, computing, risk and behavioural science. You'll look at innovative technologies and the disruptive nature of FinTech business models.
We'll show you how Fintech has combined finance and technology and is changing the way companies and consumers interact. You'll also discover how it has affected the regulatory environment in which companies operate.
You'll get to grips with different elements such as programming, business analytics, digital strategy, data science, strategy and risk in financial services.
**Features and Benefits**
- Location - Manchester is one ofthe largest financial centres in Europe and home to major organisations and a thriving tech scene.
- Innovative teaching - as part of the course, you'll examine business models and technologies which are set to shape the global financial sector for decades to come.
- Financial experts - learn from expert academics and leading professionals who advise organisations like AJ Bell, the United Nations, UEFA and the World Trade Organization.
- Behind-the-scenes business visits - you'll have the opportunity to learn how global businesses operate.
- Industry links and insight - learn from leading fintech experts at guest lectures and network with employers at regular events.
- Career support - throughout your studies, we'll help you boost your employability and secure graduate employment through our Careers and Employability Hub.
MSc: Minimum 2.2 UK degree or international equivalent. There are no pre-requisites with regards to subjects studied. Professional experience will also be considered for mature students.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2019||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability