Manchester Metropolitan University
CIPD Level 5 Certificate in Human Resource Management
Whether you currently work in human resources (HR) or are looking to move into the profession, this course will provide you with an excellent foundation in HR knowledge and skills.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). After completing the course you'll qualify for the CIPD Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management (HRM). You'll also gain automatic associate membership of the CIPD.
While developing your own skills is important, this course also focuses on how HR can add value to organisations.
You'll look at real examples of positive HRM. Your lecturers have extensive experience of working in HR, and many are active researchers in this field. They'll bring this expertise into your sessions and share examples from their own careers.
This is a part-time course that's designed to fit in around your existing commitments.
We'll encourage you to use the assignments as an opportunity to tackle HR issues that your employer is facing. This is an excellent way to put your studies into the context of a real business.
**Features and Benefits**
- Accredited by the CIPD - automatically become a CIPD associate member when you successfully complete the course.
- A city of opportunities - Manchester is a thriving economic hub. You'll study surrounded by organisations large and small, with plenty of employment opportunities.
- Taught by HRM experts - you'll learn from lecturers who specialise in various disciplines within HRM and have extensive experience working in the profession.
- Outstanding reputation - our Business School has excellent links to local businesses and is renowned for its excellence in teaching HRM to CIPD standards.
- Solve real HR issues - use your assignments to tackle issues in your own workplace to add value to your organisation.
- Latest research - the Decent Work and Productivity research centre is at the cutting-edge of HR. This research feeds directly into your studies.
- Further study - progress to our Postgraduate Diploma in HRM. This course offers full exemption from the CIPD Advanced Diploma, setting you on the route to becoming a CIPD chartered member.
- Career progression - developing up-to-date knowledge of HR practice can lead to more senior roles, either at your current organisation or with a new employer.
Certificate in Professional Studies: The Standard Entry requirements for the Certificate in Professional Studies (HRM) are GCSE Maths and English (C) or equivalent, plus at least 2 years' relevant work experience. This programme is open to candidates who do not hold a degree but can demonstrate appropriate experience, either as an existing HR practitioner, as a manager wanting to specialise in HRM or prior learning through business-related experience of managing and supervising people at work. Candidates will be required to set out their learning through prior experience in their application submitting evidence such as CV, job description and references. Candidates who do not meet our standard qualification and work experience entry requirements will be considered if they can demonstrate prior learning from other forms of experience, such as: One or more A levels; CIPD Foundation Level certificates: Personnel Practice, Training Practice, Employment Law etc; Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE) in HRM;
HNC or academic/professional qualifications of an equivalent level; Significant responsibility of recruiting, managing and/or developing people in voluntary or other forms of unpaid work.
GCSE Maths and English (C) or equivalent. Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
All of the books required for the course are available from the library. The University also has PC labs and a laptop loan service. However, many students choose to buy some of the core textbooks for the course and/or a laptop. Students may also need to print their assignments and other documents. Campus printing costs start from 5p per page. Estimated costs are £300 for a laptop up to £100 each year for books and printing.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|Certificate in Professional Studies||Part-time||£ 2,495 (Academic year)||Home/EU||7 8 Months|
|Certificate in Professional Studies||Part-time||£ 4,669 (Academic year)||International||7 8 Months|
|Certificate in Professional Studies||Part-time||January 2019||8 Months|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability