Manchester Metropolitan University
International Business Management
Want to take on new and emerging markets all over the world? At Manchester Met, we'll help you master vital skills in international business strategy.
As well as ethical and global management, you'll also refine your expertise by exploring the political economy and how it can affect global trade.
You can tailor the course to concentrate on areas that you find most interesting. You'll choose two option units from a range of business specialisms such as international brand strategy, business psychology and entrepreneurship.
We'll also help you understand working practices from different territories and build the skills you need to effectively manage people from different cultures and backgrounds.
**Going beyond the theory**
You'll look behind the scenes at global organisations during regular business visits, and see first-hand how they operate day-to-day.
Guest lectures, delivered by leaders from a variety of sectors, will give you a well-rounded view of different career paths in international business.
You'll also have the opportunity to take an optional 36-48 week internship which will give you a unique insight into how international organisations work. This could be a real boost to your career, allowing you to add relevant, professional experience to your CV.
**Features and Benefits**
- Taught by experts - you'll learn from academics with experience working for global businesses. They also carry out cutting-edge research in their fields which feeds into your learning.
- A city of opportunities - with global organisations and innovative start-ups, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities.Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional network.
- Unique insights - learn from guest lecturers who have experience working on an international scale. You'll get an insider's view of some of the world's most ambitious global businesses.
- Customisable degree - specialise in the areas of international business that you're most interested in to help shape your future career.
- Optional internship - gain extensive professional experience during an optional 36-48 week internship with an international business.
- Live client briefs - refine your skills by working on projects with real clients. You'll gain important experience for the working world.
- Valuable insights - see how businesses are structured through visits to global organisations such as Manchester United, LandRover Jaguar and BBC MediaCityUK.
- Boost your employability - explore a wide range of management roles all over the world. The skills you develop on this course are relevant across international markets.
MSc: Normally a good UK honours degree (minimum 2:2), or international equivalent, in a business-related subject. We will also consider your application if you have significant management experience or degree equivalent professional qualifications.
If your first language is not English and your first degree was not taught in English, you must have an English language score of IETLS 6.5, or equivalent such as TOEFL IBT 90. If your IETLS score is 5.5 we may offer you a place on the provision that you successfully complete an approved English language course at the University.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
All of the books required for the course are available from the library. The University also has PC labs and a laptop loan service. However, many students choose to buy some of the core textbooks for the course and/or a laptop. Students may also need to print their assignments and other documents. Campus printing costs start from 5p per page. Estimated costs are £300 for a laptop up to £100 each year for books and printing.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|PgDip||Full-time||£ 5,640 (Whole course)||Home/EU||9 Months|
|PgDip||Full-time||£ 9,600 (Whole course)||International||9 Months|
|PgCert||Full-time||£ 2,820 (Whole course)||Home/EU||4 8 Months|
|PgCert||Full-time||£ 4,800 (Whole course)||International||4 8 Months|
|MSc||Full-time||£ 8,460 (Whole course)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||£ 14,400 (Whole course)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability