Manchester Metropolitan University
Graduate Diploma in Law (Common Professional Examination)
Our Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) is a conversion course. If you have a non-law undergraduate degree it can help you gain your first legal qualification quickly. In just one year you'll lay down the foundations you need to forge a legal career.
There's a strong focus on developing your practical legal skills. We'll also help you develop the fundamental legal knowledge you'll need to work in the sector.
It's a great introduction to law and a stepping stone to further legal qualifications, such as the Legal Practice Course to become a solicitor or the Bar Professional Training Course to become a barrister.
You'll cover core areas of law, including criminal, public and land law. There are also specific units to develop your practical skills, in particular mooting.
Many of our team are practising legal professionals and understand what's needed to succeed in the field. We have experts in various areas of the law who will share their passion and enthusiasm with you.
**Supporting your studies**
You'll have plenty of support from your tutors during this course. There are high levels of face-to-face teaching and an open-door policy for advice and academic support.
**Features and Benefits**
- Fast-track legal qualification - convert your existing non-law undergraduate degree into a legal qualification in one year. It's also suitable if you have extensive work experience but no formal qualifications.
- Law School experience - study surrounded by other law students and supported by an expert teaching team. Join the Law Society for networking, guest lectures and social events.
- Thriving legal hub - Manchester has a dynamic legal sector. We have close links with the Northern Circuit and our courses are well respected by national law firms.
- Pro bono work - put your legal skills and knowledge to the test by volunteering with our partners. Gain valuable experience before starting work.
- Mooting opportunities - we are a leading centre for mooting and advocacy in the UK. Join the Mooting Society to participate in regular debates and competitions.
- Legal experts - learn from experienced professionals and get your legal education off to the best start. They know what it takes to succeed.
- Top legal facilities - make use of our 24-hour library, mock courtroom and dedicated careers and employability hub.
- Ready for work - you'll develop the professional skills you need to forge a career in law. Your previous education and experience will add an extra dimension to your CV.
Graduate Diploma - Grad Dip: You should have an honours degree from the UK or the ROI. International students with a degree are eligible to apply as long as equivalence to a UK/ROI honours degree is demonstrated.
International applicants or students without a degree but with work experience should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on entry requirements. Due to the popularity of the GDL, preference is usually given to higher classifications.
International students, please visit mmu.ac.uk/international or contact email@example.com.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|Graduate Diploma - Grad Dip||Full-time||September 2019||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability