This general route focuses on the biological aspects of disease processes. Graduates will gain up-to-date, relevant and applied experience of biomedical science, develop broad knowledge of the subject base and acquire skills for practice at Higher Specialist Level. We collaborate extensively with hospitals in the Greater Manchester area and can offer opportunities for research projects in clinically relevant areas. The completion of a research project enables the graduate to understand the process and communication of scientific enquiry.
We collaborate extensively with hospitals in the Greater Manchester area and can offer opportunities for research projects in clinically relevant areas.
This degree is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science.
Features and benefits of the course:
- Our postgraduate Biomedical Science, Medical Microbiology, Cellular Pathology, Clinical Biochemistry and Haematology & Transfusion degree programmes are accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science.
- Our biomedical research group is amongst the top 12 in the UK. In the 2014 national Research Excellence Framework, biomedical science research was rated highly with some of our research rated as world leading.
- Our Centre for Biomedicine represents one of the highest concentrations of health research excellence in the UK. We have an international reputation for research into the characteristics, limitations and adaptability of the human motor system in health and disease through an integrative approach that ranges from molecular biology to whole body studies of human movement.
- The School offers excellent facilities including specialist laboratories for blood biochemistry, biomechanics, motor control, exercise performance, cell & molecular biology and tissue culture.
- We collaborate extensively with hospitals in Greater Manchester and can offer opportunities for research projects in clinically relevant areas.
- The programme includes opportunities for flexible learning supported by tutorials.
- You will acquire an in-depth knowledge of a biomedical science specialism together with a broad knowledge of the subject base.
- We have strong links with the Institute of Biomedical Science, the Health and Care Professions Council, the NHS trusts and hospitals in Manchester and the North West region, which keep our biomedical science curriculum up-to-date.
At least an upper second class UK Honours degree (or international equivalent) in biological or biomedical science is usually required. Alternatively you may be admitted with an equivalent professional qualification or significant relevant proven professional experience. Existing Fellows of the Institute of Biomedical Science are eligible for exemption from certain units of study. Students applying with HNC medical laboratory science plus 10 years' experience will be considered on an individual basis.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||1 1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability