Manchester Metropolitan University
Zoo Conservation Biology
This MSc in Zoo Conservation Biology is run in close collaboration with the North of England Zoological Society (Chester Zoo) and is designed to produce graduates who want to develop careers in the research, management and re-introduction of captive populations.
The theory unit is studied at Chester Zoo. There is also a three month work placement which can take place at any zoo in the UK or overseas and we will help you organise this. A wide variety of option units in conservation and animal behaviour are available, including a field course in Tanzania. The programme is completed with a research project relevant to zoo conservation.
Features and benefits of the course:
- Staff at Chester Zoo help teach the course and you will have access to zoo collections and facilities.
- We have strong links with conservation projects overseas.
- The course is taught by a vibrant community of research-active staff.
- Flexible course delivery. Most lectures take place in the evenings, with daytime attendance at Chester Zoo. Some units are available in blocks, by self-study or by distance learning.
- Lectures, other course material and assessment information is availble online via our learning platform, Moodle.
- You will have access to recently refurbished laboratories, project facilities and resource rooms with state-of-the-art audio visual equipment.
MSc: At least an upper second-class UK Honours degree (or international equivalent) in a subject such as ecology, biology, zoology, botany, animal behaviour or environmental science is normally required. Applicants from different academic backgrounds or without formal qualifications - but with equivalent experience - will also be considered.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
You will be assessed mostly through coursework, although some units have a formal examination.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Part-time||January 2020||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||January 2020||1 Years|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2019||2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability