Manchester Metropolitan University
Accounting and Finance
You know that strong management of financial performance and accounts are key to the success of any organisation. At Manchester Met, we'll help you find new ways to deal with the issues facing businesses.
To take us up on this challenge, you'll need to have studied accounting and finance at undergraduate level or achieved all of the ACCA Fundamental Level Papers.
**Home to global businesses**
Manchester is one of the largest financial centres outside London, so you'll have businesses like Deloitte and KPMG on your doorstep and plenty of opportunities to network with employers.
We also provide training programmes for HMRC, BNY Mellon and PwC staff, so our teaching expertise is second to none. We teach the professionals in areas of tax, auditing and financial performance management.
**Building your expertise**
We'll cover a whole host of areas including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), corporate reporting, governance and risk management. You'll also apply tools and models of finance theory to understand current challenges.
Your dissertation will put your expertise to the test. It might involve working with an employer to investigate a business issue or answering a challenging research question.
Past students have explored nuclear companies, exchange rate fluctuations, and alignment between performance measurement and strategy.
**Features and Benefits**
- Platinum approved learning partner - we're recognised by the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) for providing teaching that gives you the best possible chance of success.
- Study in the heart of a financial centre - Manchester is home to major accountancy firms and banks, including Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, EY, Santander and RBS.
- Free access to Bloomberg - the leading global platform used by the banks, corporations and government agencies for news, data, analytics and research.
- Industry recognition - our Business School is the only public sector ACCA platinum approved learning partner in the North of England.
- Industry experts - our teaching staff are experienced practitioners, active researchers in their fields and consultants to large accountancy firms. They'll share their insights and connections throughout your course.
- A network of industry connections - We have links with the main professional organisations and we invite top practitioners from accountancy firms, banks, and accountancy bodies to give guest lectures.
- Postgraduate internship programme - this is an optional unit which helps you to gain up to fourteen weeks of work experience to apply your expertise to business challenges.
MSc: You will normally have at least a 2:2 UK honours degree (or international equivalent) in an accounting and finance degree, or a degree with substantial accounting content.
We will also consider applicants with appropriate professional passes in a CCAB or equivalent approved professional accounting body and with substantial relevant work experience.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability