Manchester Metropolitan University
Economic and Financial Analysis
Learn from the experts shaping debates on topics like Brexit, regional economic development, and sports governance. Their real-world policy making feeds directly into your course.
Working with academics, communities, and businesses, we carry out applied research that shapes and benefits our economy.
We've designed this course for graduates who studied economics, finance or business-related degrees at undergraduate level. But it will also suit you if you have other relevant experience.
**Sharing our expertise**
Our teaching goes beyond most university economics courses by exploring both perspectives of economics and finance. Across all units, you'll learn from experts with academic, policy and industry experience in the UK and Europe.
First, we'll encourage you to challenge assumptions underlying mainstream models of economics. Then, you'll apply your understanding of research and techniques to a range of assignments.
From quantitative modelling to cryptocurrencies, the diverse areas develop your critical thinking skills and ability to deliver a meaningful argument.
When you graduate, you'll be able to confidently assess a new financial product or innovation for its chances of success - as well as its impact on the financial system.
You could develop the skills you need for roles in banking, finance, analysis, government and regional development.
**Features and Benefits**
- Economics and finance experts - learn from expert academics and leading professionals who advise organisations like AJ Bell, the United Nations, UEFA and the World Trade Organization.
- Location - Manchester boasts one of the largest financial services economies in Europe. You'll be surrounded by renowned companies and a community of financial professionals.
- Leading industry speakers - we invite business leaders from various industries onto campus to share their knowledge with our students.
- Free access to Bloomberg Terminal & Strata - leading global platforms used by the world's banks, corporations and government agencies for news, data, analytics and research.
- Future Economies University Research Centre - we partner with public and private companies such as AJ Bell to create original research with purpose and impact.
- Postgraduate internship programme - put your skills into action with this optional unit which allows you to gain up to 14 weeks of work experience in industry.
MSc: You will have a minimum 2:2 UK undergraduate honours degree (or international equivalent) in a business, economics or finance-related subject.
If your degree is not in one of these subjects, please contact the Business School to discuss your application.
We also welcome applications from candidates who may not have a degree but do have equivalent professional qualifications or significant relevant experience.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability