This new Masters programme offers innovative and hands-on training in the fascinating field of science communication. You will learn how to communicate scientific, research and findings effectively, and how to articulate complex scientific and technological concepts to engage a variety of audiences. The course will show you how to balance the excitement of scientific discovery and development of innovative delivery methods with an accurate representation of the facts and data that underpin it.
The taught aspects of the course combine practical skills of science journalism, medical writing and SciArt, (the interdisciplinary study of science and art), with theoretical learning about the history and philosophy of science and the study of science communication as an academic discipline.
You will also have the opportunity to work on live science communication projects with external organisations. The programme will give you the necessary analytical and communication skills to be a successful science communicator - in person as well as in writing.
Features and benefits of the course:
- A course run by internationally-recognised science communication experts and practitioners.
- An innovative mix of taught and hands-on classes, seminars and workshops that enable students to develop their own skills as science communicators.
- Support and expertise in helping students to build up a portfolio of science communication activities
- Specialisms offered in a range of science communication areas including medical writing, journalism and SciArt.
- Opportunities to work with external organisations to develop genuine and effective science communication strategies.
- A personalised and supportive network designed to enhance your employment prospects.
Applicants will normally have at least a second-class UK Honours degree (or international equivalent) in any subject but with evidence of an interest in science. Relevant work or entrepreneurial experience will also be considered. All applications will be considered on their own merit.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2017||2 2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2017||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||1 1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability