This is a long-established conversion course aimed at graduates from a non-computing discipline. It is designed to enable a career change to computing or update and broaden knowledge and skills if already working in the field. Key areas of study include Object Oriented and Web Programming, Information Systems and Digital Media Systems. A wide-range of optional units allow you to tailor your course to specialise in areas of your choice. A third of your MSc will consist of a solo project with individual supervision. This is supported by a series of seminars/workshops, but the emphasis is on student-centred learning and recognises expectations about student autonomy, typical of postgraduate level and also is part of the strategy to enhance your employability through the development of confidence, self-awareness and self-sufficiency.
It is possible to switch between MSc Information Systems and MSc Computing as you develop your areas of specialism and own interests in this exciting field.
We have excellent facilities and are a member of the Oracle Academy and highly rated in terms of research.
Features and benefits:
- The School has an extensive range of equipment in our own specialist laboratories which is supported by a dedicated team of technical staff.
- Research in the School was rated 'internationally excellent' with some rated 'world-leading' in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- Our online virtual learning platform Moodle, provides access to lectures, course materials and assessment information.
- The School of Computing, Mathematics and Digital Technology is a member of the Oracle Academy.
- We are an academic partner of the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP). This partner status recognises our expertise in the field of information and cyber security.
- We are also an Academy of the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) and deliver their partner programme which provides a pathway for students towards a rewarding, high-growth IT career.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||1 Years|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2017||3 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2017||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability