Manchester Metropolitan University
Banking and Finance
The banking and financial sector is one that's always evolving. It has the ability to impact many areas of the global economy. That means working in this industry is exciting, fast-paced and rewarding.
This course is designed to give you a fundamental understanding of banking and finance in today's world. You'll explore specialist subjects, from financial systems and their structures to risk management and taxation.
You'll learn from experts in various areas of financial services and banking. Our teaching staff are active researchers and many had successful careers in the sector before moving into lecturing.
Examples from their careers will bring the theory to life and give you an in-depth understanding of the challenges you'll face in banking and finance.
Your course will prepare you for a career in this industry. You'll leave with the practical skills employers are looking for.
Our experts know what it takes to succeed in banking and financial services. They'll pass this knowledge onto you.
We work closely with industry to make our course relevant to financial services. You can also attend guest lectures from some of the leading figures in the sector thanks to our excellent industry links.
**Features and Benefits**
- Finance experts - learn from expert academics and leading professionals who advise organisations like AJ Bell, the United Nations, UEFA and the World Trade Organization.
- Kickstart a rewarding career - develop the knowledge you need for roles in financial services, insurance, risk management and more, even if you don't have a finance background.
- Regional financial centre - study in a thriving financial and banking hub with one of the largest economies in Europe. Many large banks have their regional bases in the city.
- Gain experience - you can choose to take a short internship during your course. Gain experience and make professional connections.
- Industry tools - enjoy free access to Bloomberg, the leading global platform for news, data, analytics and research. It's used by the world's top banks, corporations and government agencies.
- Broaden your knowledge - attend guest lectures with industry leaders and business visits to large employer headquarters. See how finance fits into organisations outside the banking industry.
- Career opportunities - financial services is one of the largest employers in the region. Graduates like you are always in demand. Past students have gone on to work for the likes of Deloitte, KPMG and RBS.
MSc: Normally a good UK Honours degree (minimum 2.2), or international equivalent, preferably in a business, economics or finance related subject.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability