Advanced Computer Science
This course is aimed at Computing graduates who wish to specialise further in Computer Science improving their knowledge, understanding, skills and capabilities. Our postgraduate courses are concerned with vocational education, and it is anticipated that the majority of MSc graduates will either enter employment (or continue) as IT/Computing professionals, or progress to doctoral work with a probable view to pursuing academic or research careers.
You will study four specialist, advanced units including High Performance Computing and Big Data and Advanced Computer Networks and Operating Systems. A wide-range of optional units allow you to tailor your course to specialise in areas of your choice.
A third of your MSc will consist of a solo project with individual supervision. This is supported by a series of seminars/workshops, but the emphasis is on student-centred learning and recognises expectations about student autonomy, typical of postgraduate level and also is part of the strategy to enhance your employability through the development of confidence, self-awareness and self-sufficiency.
We are a member of the Oracle Academy and highly rated in terms of research. Our supervision and facilities are also excellent.
Features and benefits of the course
- The School has an extensive range of equipment in our own specialist laboratories which is supported by a dedicated team of technical staff.
- Research in the School was rated 'internationally excellent' with some rated 'world-leading' in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- Our online virtual learning platform Moodle, provides access to lectures, course materials and assessment information.
- Classes are concentrated on certain days of the week to facilitate part-time students' attendance and allow full-time students to undertake part-time employment if necessary.
- The School of Computing, Mathematics and Digital Technology is a member of the Oracle Academy.
- We are an academic partner of the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP). This partner status recognises our expertise in the field of information and cyber security.
- We are also an Academy of the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) and deliver their partner programme which provides a pathway for students towards a rewarding, high-growth IT career.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2017||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2017||1 Years|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2017||3 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability