Nottingham Law School
International Financial Law
Our LLM International Financial Law course has been designed to respond to the rapid growth in the development of the law in international finance and to equip students for future careers in the financial sectors.
The course not only focuses on financial transactions and banking, but also insurance, which is a huge industry in both the UK and internationally.
**Why choose this course?**
- Fulfil the growing demand for appropriately qualified international financial law specialists within and beyond the legal profession.
- A variety of Scholarships are available.
- Ideal for students looking for employment in the wider field of financial law.
- Gain an understanding of the wider factors that may have influenced the area of international financial law such as theoretical, ethical, political, economic, and sociological factors.
- Benefit from a faculty providing forward-thinking teaching in the field.
- Optional wide-ranging modules allow students to tailor their degree to their interests.
- Attend an International Summer School and explore Law from a European perspective.
**99% of our postgraduate Law School students are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduating (DLHE, postgraduate leavers 2016/17)**
LLM: A good law degree (minimum 2:2) or a degree in another discipline. While most of our applicants have a qualification in law, applicants from other disciplines will be considered in appropriate circumstances, particularly if they have experience in the area, even if it is not as lawyers.
Modules include: International Banking Regulation, Securing Corporate Debt and Business Organisations.
In each case modules are assessed through 1 piece of course work. This usually takes the form of a problem or essay style question, but will vary by module. You can submit and receive feedback on assessments over the course of each module. The dissertation consists of a 1000 word reflective report based on pre-set questions, and an assignment of 12,000 words which is researched and written independently under the guidance of an expert academic.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|LLM||Full-time||September 2019||7,000 (Year 1)||Wales||1 Years|
|LLM||Full-time||September 2019||7,000 (Year 1)||Scotland||1 Years|
|LLM||Full-time||September 2019||7,000 (Year 1)||England||1 Years|
|LLM||Full-time||September 2019||7,000 (Year 1)||EU||1 Years|
|LLM||Full-time||September 2019||14,500 (Year 1)||International||1 Years|
|LLM||Full-time||September 2019||7,000 (Year 1)||Northern Ireland||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability