Nottingham Trent University
The programme has been designed to provide those who work in the broad area of the public and human service professions an opportunity to study part-time for a doctorate. The programme involves students in two formal elements of activity: workshops and supervision of their own research projects.
- Provide students with an opportunity to explore both the complex relationships between knowledge, theory and practice, and also the intricate nexus of understanding the world and changing it.
- Develop students' ability to design and implement a research project at the boundaries of knowledge of their professional and educational fields.
- Provide students with an opportunity to develop their judgement, foresight and problem analysis by applying theoretical and philosophically tuned forensic skills to the research material derived from their investigations.
- Provide students with an opportunity to develop as both reflective and reflexive practitioners who have the intellectual and personal adaptability to be able to deal with the complexities of organisational change and ambiguity.
- Provide students with an opportunity to develop communication skills which enables participants to communicate effectively with both academics and practitioners from the world of education and the communities in which people live, and to act as mediators between the constituencies involved.
Professional Doctorate: Applicants will need to be well qualified in their chosen field; applicants are normally in possession of a Master's degree or equivalent qualification (which may include professional qualifications); they typically have at least 7 years of relevant experience; students with only a good Honours degree in their field or a Master's degree in an unrelated field, provided they have an equivalent amount of professional experience in the field to that expected of standard candidates, may be considered; international applicants will need to supply evidence of English language proficiency.
Please note that all tuition fees are subject to an annual increase.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|Professional Doctorate||Part-time day||£ 2,900 (Academic year)||Home/EU||8 Years|
|Professional Doctorate||Part-time day||£ 6,625 (Academic year)||International||8 Years|
|Professional Doctorate||Part-time||January 2020||3,000 (Year 1)||England||4 Years|
|Professional Doctorate||Part-time||January 2020||3,000 (Year 1)||Wales||4 Years|
|Professional Doctorate||Part-time||January 2020||3,000 (Year 1)||Northern Ireland||4 Years|
|Professional Doctorate||Part-time||January 2020||11,300 (Year 1)||International||4 Years|
|Professional Doctorate||Part-time||January 2020||3,000 (Year 1)||EU||4 Years|
|Professional Doctorate||Part-time||January 2020||3,000 (Year 1)||Scotland||4 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability