Our innovative and unique MSc Entrepreneurship degree is aimed at ambitious future entrepreneurs from any academic discipline providing them the opportunity to create your own-start up. This course combines rigorous academic theory with the practical skills, hands-on experience and valuable networks you need to make your business a success.
The aim of the course is to foster innovation and value creation, giving you the knowledge, skills and capabilities to create and lead successful start-ups. You will develop a strong foundation in building and managing the key functions of a new venture. We will expose you to the networks and investment opportunities you will need to get your ideas off the ground, and there is even the chance to access seed funding directly from the Business School.
You will learn how to control risk and uncertainty, implement solutions and maximise opportunities. In your final semester, you'll undertake the Entrepreneurship Experience Project, which enables you to being setting up a new business venture and attracting finance.
**Why choose this degree?**
- Through an 'Innovation and Enterprise Hub' you will have the opportunity to set up and establish your own enterprise and be mentored by experts in the field, or perhaps develop ideas for a family business with which you are involved already.
- During the course your professional and business networks will be enriched by an international experience, following a 'young' entrepreneurial firm, experiencing directly the entrepreneurial journey.
- The course provides you a unique seed fund and access to the entrepreneurial community, presenting you with connections to experts, entrepreneurs, business angels and capitalists.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, normally held in the Peak District.
- NTU's teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government's Teaching Excellence Framework - that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that's truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- All Entrepreneurship students at Nottingham Business School will have access to The Hive, a purpose built centre dedicated to helping turn business ideas into reality.
**Nottingham Business School is in the 1% of business schools worldwide to have both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation.**
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
Enterprise Context and Business Values (20 credits)
Entrepreneurial Ethos: Leadership, People & Team Management (20 credits)
Marketing and Customer Thinking (20 credits)
Uncap Creativity & Innovation (20 credits)
Value Chains: Partnerships & Resources (20 credits)
International Experience (20 credits)
Entrepreneurship Experience Project (40 credits)
Transformational Leadership Development (10 credits)
Customer Insight through Marketing Research (10 credits)
A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability. Types of assessment will range from examinations to group presentations including essays, reports, financial analyses, literature reviews and research-based projects.
Competitive scholarships are available.
The fees for the full-time two years with placement are £10,635; £9,250 in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2 for home/EU students.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 15,200 (Year 1)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 9,250 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability