Our MSc Management courses will help you shape your leadership and management skills to become an effective 21st century manager, able to operate in dynamic and complex organisational environments. You'll gain an excellent understanding of the core subjects, enabling you to put to theory and contemporary thinking into practice.
The pure management route develops a deeper understanding of the central principles of management. You'll engage with relevant and emerging management concerns, including managing across cultures. You will also explore organisational innovation and entrepreneurial thinking, as well as refining your critical understanding of management theory.
**Why study this degree?**
- The degree will equip you with broad knowledge across a wide range of management subject areas and enable you to develop more specialist knowledge as it progresses.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- Students on these routes typically come from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You'll complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course usually held in the Peak District.
- NTU's teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government's Teaching Excellence Framework - that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that's truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- We are proud to announce that Nottingham Business School has been ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2017 ranking for Masters in Management.
**Nottingham Business School is in the 1% of business schools worldwide to have both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation.**
You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above). One academic reference is required. If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
Semester 1 modules: principles of management; managing in organisations; managing in context. Semester 2 modules: international human resource management; managing innovation through creativity, ingenuity and entrepreneurial learning; managing innovation through creativity, ingenuity and entrepreneurial learning. Semester 3 modules: consultancy experience project; internship experience project; business research project; global experience project. All year module: Transformational Leadership Development, Research Methods for Managers, Placement Diploma in Industrial Experience (2 year course only).
A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability. Types of assessment will range from examinations to group presentations including essays, reports, financial analyses, literature reviews and research based projects.
Competitive scholarships are available.
For home/EU students taking the full-time two years with placement option, £9,250 is payable in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2. For international students, the payments are £14,200 in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||14,200 (Year 1)||International||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||9,250 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||January 2019||14,200 (Year 1)||International||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||January 2019||9,250 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||15,585 (Whole course)||International||2 2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||10,635 (Whole course)||Home/EU||2 2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability