Management and Finance
Our MSc Management and Finance course explores the financial global marketplace, including its structure participants, regulatory functions and their role in society. You'll also focus on the analysis of financial statements to improve management decision-making, as well as the role of ethics and sustainability.
You'll consider key aspects of the financial management of corporations in a multinational environment. This will help you develop a detailed understanding of key finance theories, as well as strong critical analysis skills.
Your finance specialism can take you into roles including corporate treasury management, financial analysis, financial management, and financial risk management. Graduates from this course have also gone onto senior management positions, information systems careers, international employment and marketing roles.
**Why study this degree?**
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- The degree will provide you with a grounding in the key functional areas of business and the way that these areas are integrated in globally orientated organisations.
- It will also develop your specialist knowledge in corporate finance and risk management.
- Students on these routes typically come from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course in the Peak District.
- NTU's teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government's Teaching Excellence Framework - that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that's truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- We are proud to announce that Nottingham Business School has been ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2017 ranking for Masters in Management.
**Nottingham Business School is in the 1% of business schools worldwide to have both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation.**
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
Semester One: Principles of Management, Managing in Organisations, Context of Management. Semester Two: Global Financial Markets, Financial, Statement Analysis, Corporate Finance. Semester Three (1 from the following major projects): Consultancy Experience Project, Internship Experience Project, Business Research Project, Global Experience Project. All year: Transformational Leadership Development, Research Methods for Managers.
A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability. Types of assessment will range from examinations to group presentations including essays, reports, financial analyses, literature review, and research based projects.
Competitive scholarships are available.
For home/EU students taking the full-time two years with placement, the fees are £10,635 (£9,250 payable in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2). For international students, the fees are £15,585 (£14,200 in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2).
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||GBP 15,585 (Whole course)||International||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||GBP 10,365 (Whole course)||Home/EU||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 14,200 (Whole course)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 9,250 (Whole course)||Home/EU||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability