Management and Innovation and Enterprise
Our MSc Management and Innovation and Enterprise course supports you through the process of creating a powerful value proposition for a new enterprise - and taking it global. You will begin your studies by developing your understanding of contemporary innovation, its value, development and protection.
This course supports you through the process of creating a powerful value proposition for a new enterprise - and taking it global. Innovation is the heart of any new proposition, so you will start by developing your understanding of contemporary innovation, its value, development and protection.
You'll explore the role of value chains and how they come together to deliver products to customers. Building on this, you will experience international entrepreneurial decision-making through an intensive four-week project, developing a business case for taking a product into a different market. This builds valuable skills in evaluating risks and benefits.
**Why study this degree?**
- You will complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include the Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- Your entrepreneurial experience will be enriched by the participation in an international entrepreneurship 'boot-camp', generating seeds for starting your own venture or advising other early stage entrepreneurs.
- The route will provide you with potential access to the entrepreneurial community, presenting you with connections to experts and entrepreneurs.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- Typically, these routes are made up of students from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- NTU's teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government's Teaching Excellence Framework - that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that's truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- We are proud to announce that Nottingham Business School has been ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2017 ranking for Masters in Management.
**Nottingham Business School is in the 1% of business schools worldwide to have both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation.**
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
Semester 1 modules: Principles of Management; Managing in Organisations; Managing in Context. Semester 2 modules: The International Experience; Uncap Creativity and Innovation; Value Chains: Resources and Partnerships. Semester 3 modules: Consultancy Experience Project; Internship Experience Project; Business Research Project; Global Experience Project. All year modules: Transformational Leadership Development, Research Methods for Managers, Placement Diploma in Industrial Experience (2 year course only).
A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability. Types of assessment will range from examinations to group presentations including essays, reports, financial analyses, literature reviews and research-based projects.
Competitive scholarships are available.
Students taking a placement will need to pay fees in both years, but the majority of the payment is in the first year. For home/EU students the fees are £9,250 in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2, and for international students the fees are £14,200 in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 14,200 (Whole course)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 9,250 (Whole course)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||GBP 15,585 (Whole course)||International||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||GBP 10,635 (Whole course)||Home/EU||2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability