Nottingham Trent University
Management and Innovation and Enterprise
Our MSc Management and Innovation and Enterprise degree is designed to support you through the process of creating a powerful value proposition for a new enterprise - and then taking it global. Innovation is at the heart of any new proposition, you'll start to develop your understanding of contemporary innovation, its value, its development and its protection.
You'll develop the mental tools that help entrepreneurs and managers orchestrate innovation activities throughout value networks. This will help you understand the role of innovation within current complex markets, and provides you with a strategic framework for development and protection of offers that are valued by both the market and by customers. It also explores contemporary developments in innovation, and how these shape the innovation process.
You'll then have the opportunity to take part in a business case for 'going global' over a period of four weeks including spending one of those weeks abroad. This course will give you the skills you need to start up your own enterprise, or to advise start-ups on growth and internationalisation. You could also use your skills to follow a career in business strategy or development consultancy.
When you graduate, you'll receive both the Masters degree and a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) qualification in Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership. Our partnership with the CMI means that you'll enjoy complimentary student membership for the duration of your course, and for the first year after graduation.
Our Management courses are ranked amongst the top 100 internationally in the Financial Times (FT) Masters in Management (MiM) ranking 2018.
**Why study this degree?**
- You will complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include the Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- Your entrepreneurial experience will be enriched by the participation in an international entrepreneurship 'boot-camp', generating seeds for starting your own venture or advising other early stage entrepreneurs.
- The route will provide you with potential access to the entrepreneurial community, presenting you with connections to experts and entrepreneurs.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- Typically, these routes are made up of students from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- NTU's teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government's Teaching Excellence Framework - that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that's truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- We are proud to announce that Nottingham Business School has been ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2017 ranking for Masters in Management.
**Nottingham Business School have both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation. We're also ranked in the top 95 European Business Schools in the Financial Times (FT)**
MSc: You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above). One academic reference is required. If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
Semester 1 modules: Principles of Management; Managing in Organisations; Managing in Context. Semester 2 modules: The International Experience; Uncap Creativity and Innovation; Value Chains: Resources and Partnerships. Semester 3 modules: Consultancy Experience Project; Internship Experience Project; Business Research Project; Global Experience Project. All year modules: Transformational Leadership Development, Research Methods for Managers, Placement Diploma in Industrial Experience (2 year course only).
A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability. Types of assessment will range from examinations to group presentations including essays, reports, financial analyses, literature reviews and research-based projects.
Students taking a placement will need to pay fees in both years, but the majority of the payment is in the first year. For home/EU students the fees are £9,250 in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2, and for international students the fees are £14,200 in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||£ 9,000 (Whole course)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||£ 13,400 (Whole course)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Sandwich including industrial placement||£ 10,380 (Whole course)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|MSc||Sandwich including industrial placement||£ 14,780 (Whole course)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2019||16,885 (Whole course)||International||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2019||10,885 (Whole course)||Home/EU||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||15,500 (Year 1)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||9,500 (Year 1)||Northern Ireland||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||9,500 (Year 1)||Scotland||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2019||10,885 (Whole course)||Northern Ireland||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2019||10,885 (Whole course)||Wales||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||9,500 (Year 1)||EU||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||9,500 (Year 1)||Wales||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2019||10,885 (Whole course)||EU||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2019||10,885 (Whole course)||England||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2019||10,885 (Whole course)||Scotland||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||9,500 (Year 1)||England||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability