Management and International Business
Our MSc Management and International Business course explores how to manage effectively in increasingly global work environments. It builds the powerful, practical skills you need to deal with the problems faced by managers working internationally.
You'll develop a strong understanding of the global supply chain, as well as how organisations within it perform in relation to one another. An experience-based module also gives you the opportunity to work abroad, developing skills and experience of operating in an overseas context.
During your studies, you'll focus on international value chains and cross cultural management issues, consider how organisations capture value through new product and services and deliver value through international operations and supply chains. In addition, you will study how cultural, linguistic and physical barriers affect organisations and how, in turn, organisations respond in order to adapt to those barriers.
**Why study this degree?**
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- Students on these routes typically come from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- NTU's teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government's Teaching Excellence Framework - that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that's truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- We are proud to announce that Nottingham Business School has been ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2017 ranking for Masters in Management.
**Nottingham Business School is in the 1% of business schools worldwide to have both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation.**
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic or vocational reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
Semester 1: Principles of Management, Managing in Organisations, Managing in Context. Semester 2: International Human Resource Management, The International Experience. Semester 3 (1 of the following major projects): Consultancy Experience Project, Internship Experience Project, Academic Experience Project, Global Experience Project. All year learning: Transformational Leadership Development, Research Methods for Managers, Placement Diploma in Industrial Experience (2 year course only).
A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability. Types of assessment will range from examinations to group presentations including essays, reports, financial analyses, literature review, and research based projects.
Competitive scholarships are available.
Students taking a placement will need to pay fees in both years, but the majority of the payment is in the first year. For home/EU students the fees are £9,250 in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2, and for international students the fees are £14,200 in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||GBP 15,585 (Whole course)||International||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||GBP 10,635 (Whole course)||Home/EU||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||January 2019||GBP 14,200 (Year 1)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||January 2019||GBP 9,250 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 14,200 (Year 1)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 9,250 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability