Management and Marketing
Our MSc Management and Marketing course gives you a strong understanding of the fundamental issues behind marketing practice. You will explore the marketing planning process, marketing concepts and debates. You will also develop an in-depth understanding of the complexities of the consumer by exploring buyer behaviour.
Building on this, you will examine strategic marketing issues and contemporary practice, taking a holistic view of how organisations respond to an ever-changing global environment. This includes understanding how marketing operates not just in a consumer-facing context, but also in business-to-business and not-for-profit contexts. You will become equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary to develop and implement innovative, value-adding marketing solutions to help maintain superior customer satisfaction.
Graduates from this course have worked in marketing roles across the world as marketing managers, operational managers, marketing directors and service sales specialist.
**Why study this degree?**
- You will complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- This route has been designed to provide you with an understanding of marketing principles and practices and key analytical techniques.
- Typically, these routes are made up of students from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- NTU's teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government's Teaching Excellence Framework - that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that's truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- We are proud to announce that Nottingham Business School has been ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2017 ranking for Masters in Management.
**Nottingham Business School is in the 1% of business schools worldwide to have both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation.**
You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above). One academic reference is required. If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
Semester 1: Principles of Management, Managing in Organisations, Context of Management. Semester 2: Principles of Marketing, The Customer Experience, Strategic Perspectives and the Global Environment. Semester 3 (1 of the following major projects): Consultancy Experience Project, Internship Experience Project, Business Research Project, Global Experience Project. All year learning: Transformational Leadership Development, Research Methods for Managers.
A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability. Types of assessment will range from examinations to group presentations including essays, reports, financial analyses, literature reviews and research based projects.
Competitive scholarships are available.
Students taking a placement will need to pay fees in both years, but the majority of the payment is in the first year. For home/EU students the fees are £9,250 in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2, and for international students the fees are £14,200 in Year 1, £1,385 in Year 2.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||15,585 (Whole course)||International||2 2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||10,635 (Whole course)||Home/EU||2 2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||14,200 (Year 1)||International||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||9,250 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability