Finance and Accounting
A fundamental requirement of any successful organisation is to be able to manage its accounting and financial activities efficiently and effectively. This requirement has become more obvious in recent times as organisations have faced turbulent economic conditions, lending difficulties, risk management issues and the criticisms of governance.
Our MSc Finance and Accounting degree is designed to enable you to become a critical member of an organisation's core management team. Your first semester develops a strong core knowledge of institutional, accounting and financial modelling frameworks. You'll explore the operation of markets, their major participants and the regulatory environment, as well as building a firm understanding of corporate finance, basic accounting and financial analysis. Overall, this course is designed to reflect on, the main issues in accounting and finance and aims to develop knowledge and understanding, using theoretical and empirical literature, case studies and interactive learning and teaching.
**Why choose this degree?**
- The degree will help you to understand and apply traditional and current theoretical principles, models and frameworks to strategic accounting and strategic financial management.
- It is run by tutors who have both academic and practical industry experience in finance.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- You can learn from the best by attending guest lectures from leading organisations. Previous speakers have included representatives from companies such as E.ON, Lego, Experian, Santander, and IBM.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- NTU's teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government's Teaching Excellence Framework - that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that's truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
**Nottingham Business School is in the 1% of business schools worldwide to have both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation.**
An undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate Honours degree (2.2 or above) containing some evidence of quantitative ability; all applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career; 1 academic or vocational reference is required; applicants whose 1st language is not English require IELTS 6.5 with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
Semester One: Global Financial Markets, Financial Statement Analysis, Corporate Finance. Semester Two: Strategic Management Accounting, Comparative Corporate Reporting. Corporate Governance and Accountability, Semester Three: 1 of the following major projects - Consultancy Experience Project; Internship Experience Project; Business Research Project; Global Experience Project. All year: Transformational Leadership Development; Research Methods for Finance and Accounting; Placement Diploma in Industrial Experience (2 year course only).
A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability. Types of assessment will range from examinations to group presentations including essays, reports, financial analyses, literature reviews and research based projects.
Competitive scholarships are available.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||15,585 (Whole course)||International||2 2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||10,635 (Whole course)||Home/EU||2 2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||14,200 (Year 1)||International||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||9,250 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability