Finance and Investment Banking
Our MSc Finance and Investment Banking course will teach you about analysing and valuing investment products, critical analysis of information in derivatives markets and portfolio and investment management.
As an Finance student, you'll have access to our unique Trading Room facility. With 12 double-screen workstations, the room gives you a simulated experience of working in the fast-moving world of shares and trading. You can access sophisticated analysis tools and data on worldwide financial markets.
**Why choose this degree?**
- The degree will give you a wide-ranging theoretical background and equip you with practical skills for active interaction in the world of finance.
- The emphasis of the degree is on applying knowledge, skills and techniques to analyse the instruments, participants and markets in international finance.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- NTU's teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government's Teaching Excellence Framework - that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that's truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
**Nottingham Business School is in the 1% of business schools worldwide to have both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation.**
Semester 1 modules: Global Financial Markets; Financial Statement Analysis; Corporate Finance. Semester 2 modules: Valuation of Investment Products; Derivatives Markets; Investment and Portfolio Management. Semester 3 modules (1 of the following major projects): Consultancy Experience Project; Internship Experience Project; Business Research Project; Global Experience Project. All year module: Transformational Leadership Development; Research Methods for Finance and Accounting; Placement Diploma in Industrial Experience (2 year course only)
A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability. Types of assessment will range from examinations to group presentations including essays, reports, financial analyses, literature reviews and research-based projects.
Competitive scholarships are available.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 14,200 (Whole course)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||GBP 9,250 (Whole course)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||GBP 15,585 (Whole course)||International||2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||GBP 10,635 (Whole course)||Home/EU||2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability