Our MSc Finance degree provides you with a more in-depth understanding of core financial concepts, theories and tools used in a wide variety of organisations worldwide. This includes financial mathematics, model building, risk management, and mergers and acquisitions. It's designed for ambitious individuals with quantitative abilities but not necessarily a finance related degree who are seeking a career in finance.
**Why choose this degree?**
- It is run by tutors who have both academic and practical industry experience in finance.
- The emphasis of the course is on applying knowledge, skills and techniques to analyse the instruments, participants and markets in international finance.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- You can learn from the best by attending guest lectures from leading organisations. Previous speakers have included representatives from companies such as E.ON, Lego, Experian, Santander, and IBM.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- NTU's teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government's Teaching Excellence Framework - that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that's truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
**Nottingham Business School is in the 1% of business schools worldwide to have both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation.**
An undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) which contains some evidence of quantitative ability; 1 academic reference is required; applicants whose 1st language is not English require 6.5 with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
Semester 1: Global Financial Markets; Financial Statement Analysis; Corporate Finance.
Semester 2: Financial Modelling; Risk Management; Corporate Restructuring.
Semester 3 - 1 of the following major projects: Consultancy Experience Project; Internship Experience Project; Business Research Project; Global Experience Project.
All year learning - Transformational Leadership Development, Research Methods for Finance and Accounting , Placement Diploma in Industrial Experience (2 year course only)
A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability. Types of assessment will range from examinations to group presentations including essays, reports, financial analyses, literature reviews and research based projects.
Competitive scholarships are available.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||14,200 (Year 1)||International||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||9,250 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||15,585 (Whole course)||International||2 2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time with year in industry||September 2018||10,635 (Whole course)||Home/EU||2 2 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||January 2019||14,200 (Year 1)||International||1 1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||January 2019||9,250 (Year 1)||Home/EU||1 1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability