Nottingham Trent University
Construction Project Management (Online)
Our online MSc Construction Project Management course aims to provide you with a framework for understanding project management in the construction industry and, in particular, the role of the construction project manager and the associated needs of the client. Delivered entirely online, this course is designed to enable flexible study alongside full-time work.
This course is aimed at mid-career professionals or recent graduates, wishing to pursue a career as a construction project manager. It's suitable for professionals already working in the broad construction industries, who aspire to senior management positions. Additionally, this course is suitable for undergraduate (honours) students in related subject areas, looking to progress to study a managerial and technical postgraduate programme.
The course will cover managing project briefing, key design and development issues at a detailed level; learning essential skills to create appropriate procurement strategies; and, gaining a comprehensive understanding of the organisational structures required to achieve successful project outcomes, including legal and contractual constraints and people management skills.
- Benefit from access to one of the UK's leading built environment education providers, regardless of where you're based. The distance learning delivery method enables flexible study, and there's no requirement to come to the University for lectures or assessments.
- Explore the application of complex theories and hear how principles are applied to live construction projects by hearing from industry experts. In-depth interviews and case studies with senior figures from the construction industry play a significant role in the course content.
- The intuitive and minimalist online environment enables easy navigation of the course content, and a 24/7 technical helpline will ensure that you can always access the study materials and assessment questions, regardless of your location or the time day.
- Benefit from our team of expert academic staff who have established links to industry and significant experience of working in practice.
- Full accreditation by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
MSc: 2:2 honours degree, in a construction industry-related subject; or, corporate membership of an appropriate construction industry-related professional body which has been approved for this purpose by the University, preferably alongside industry experience at managerial level; or, an alternative approved construction industry-related professional qualification, together with appropriate industrial experience at managerial level in the construction industry.
Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and/or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis. Assessment of your experience will confirm that you have achieved the necessary skills in the course of your general experience. You will probably be employed on significant infrastructure and/or building works, either as a direct employee of local or national government, or in the private sector. You will likely have experience of developing and coordinating significant infrastructure and building projects.
The course is delivered through an online tool, which you will be given access to at enrolment. The interface is modern and intuitive, allowing you to browse course content, track your progress and submit assessments. Benefit from a varied learning experience, with a full reading list, videos and narrated presentations. You'll have access to a wealth of material from industry experts; video lectures are delivered by NTU academics and key speakers including Government advisers, senior lawyers, and practising project managers, exposing you to a range of theory and argument.
Become part of our vibrant online community; meet your course mates, discuss the course content and ask any questions you have via our MSc Construction Project Management online forum. Reflect on your development, building a skills portfolio and CV using the employability tool in-built in the online learning system.
- Contemporary Construction Themes
- Legal Rights and Responsibilities
- Collaborative Working
- Construction Health and Safety
- Lean Project Production
- Design Appreciation and Planning
- Cost Studies
- Managing Organisations and People
- Corporate Strategy and Finance
- Managing Construction Projects
- Postgraduate Research Skills and Dissertation
There are numerous sources of funding available for postgraduate students, both from external sources such as the Government and funding bodies, and from the University.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Distance learning (part-time)||September 2019||11,000 (Whole course)||England||2 Years|
|MSc||Distance learning (part-time)||September 2019||11,000 (Whole course)||International||2 Years|
|MSc||Distance learning (part-time)||September 2019||11,000 (Whole course)||Northern Ireland||2 Years|
|MSc||Distance learning (part-time)||September 2019||11,000 (Whole course)||Scotland||2 Years|
|MSc||Distance learning (part-time)||September 2019||11,000 (Whole course)||Wales||2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability