Are you aiming to be a solicitor or barrister but don't have a law degree? Take our fast-track route for non-law graduates or those with older law degrees. This intensive postgraduate conversion programme is designed to get you up to speed with the essential knowledge and skills of academic law so you can advance your studies and begin your career in the legal profession.
You will meet practising lawyers during the early stages of the course through Plymouth Law School's established connections with the solicitors profession and the Bar in Devon and Cornwall. You'll have the opportunity to gain valuable experience with clients, employers and agencies through our well-established Law Clinic.
* Meet practising lawyers during the early stages of the course through Plymouth Law School's established connections with the solicitors profession and the Bar in Devon and Cornwall.
* Learn your practice while making a difference to real clients with work experience placements supported by our well-connected Law Clinic.
* Benefit from working with a faculty of highly qualified law and criminal justice staff who provide a great mix of research-informed and practice-led teaching.
* Develop knowledge and understanding of the key foundation areas of law (public law, EU law, law of contract, law of tort, criminal law, land law and equity and trusts), and in an additional area of law of your choosing.
* Get to grips with the workings of the English legal system.
* Gain the key skills needed to become a lawyer, such as legal research, problem solving and critical judgement.
* Acquire the ability to construct and present an argument using legal materials, and be able to evaluate the merits of multiple perspectives.
* Take part in a range of competitions and social activities as a member of our highly successful, student-run Student Law Society. You'll get the opportunity to network with high-profile guest speakers and prospective employers.
* Deepen your understanding and insight through a sophisticated array of online resources.
* Learn valuable transferable skills. Potential employers will value your maturity, high level of motivation, expertise in another discipline and, in some cases, successful work experience.
* Introduction to Law and Practice
* Public Law
* Contract Law
* Land Law
* Criminal law
* Law of Tort
* Law of the European Union
* Equity and Trusts
* Legal Research Project.
The modules shown for this course are those currently being studied by our students, or are proposed new modules. Please note that programme structures and individual modules are subject to amendment from time to time as part of the University's curriculum enrichment programme and in line with changes in the University's policies and requirements.
Assessment is by a mix of coursework (essays and problem-based case study analysis) and examination in all of the foundation subjects, except EU Law which is assessed by examination only. Before starting the course students study the English Legal System Foundation Course (10 credits, level 1).
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|Graduate Diploma - Grad Dip||Full-time||September 2018||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability