Business and Management
This conversion course enables graduates from any discipline to engage with current business processes and techniques, whilst teaching them how to implement this knowledge within contemporary organisations. Students will learn key management, strategy and analytical skills, with the opportunity to specialise in a specific subject area relevant to their current or future career.
- The MSc Business and Management offers you the flexibility and choice at masters level. You can choose to pursue the following award titles:
MSc Business and Management
MSc Business and Management (International Business)
MSc Business and Management (Finance)
MSc Business and Management (Marketing)
MSc Business and Management (Operations and Global Supply Chains)
- Graduate with a wealth of experience.
- Our graduates have gone on to work in human resource and talent management, operations and global supply chain management, financial management, project management, marketing and strategic management. Graduates have been successful in securing management level jobs with Ernst and Young GmbH, DHL International Ltd., Deloitte LLP, Novell Worldwide, and HP Enterprise Services.
An upper 2nd Class Honours degree in any discipline, or an equivalent professional qualification. Other qualifications accompanied by substantial experience in an appropriate field may also be considered. Non-standard applications will be considered on a case by case basis. Applicants whose 1st language is not English require at least 6.5 in IELTS or equivalent exams.
During the first semester you will attend lectures and tutorials for core modules that have been selected to provide you with a fundamental underpinning in the subject area of Business and Management. Core modules studied in semester 1: International Business Context and Finance, Leadership and Management Essentials, and Marketing and Strategy. The second semester of the programme commences with an intensive introduction to the 60 credit project, and associated research methods training. You will also pursue your choice of elective module, and complete the remaining 40 credits of the Business and Management 'core': Knowledge Management and Decision Making, and Operations and Project Management. During the summer term, you will work independently to carry out your research project. You will receive guidance from a member of academic staff, appointed as your supervisor.
* Leadership and Management Essentials
* Marketing and Strategy
* Knowledge Management and Decision Making
* Operations and Project Management
* International Business Context and Finance
* International Finance
* Financial Statement Analysis
* Financial Management
* Futures Perspectives in Entrepreneurship
* Human Resources and Talent Management
* International Trade Policy and Politics
* Innovation and New Product Development
* Global Supply Chain Management
* International Strategic Management
* Quality Management and Lean Thinking
* International Cooperative Strategy.
The modules shown for this course or programme are those being studied by current students, or expected new modules. Modules are subject to change depending on year of entry.
Get in touch today and increase your future employability