Sharpen your analytical and critical reasoning skills, and hone your financial knowledge and technical proficiency with the MSc in Finance. This course will help to broaden your knowledge of financial strategies, econometrics, financial management and more, all with a global perspective of this complex industry. As a graduate, you'll also be able to meet the needs of commerce and industry, having developed a critical appreciation of financial issues and their implications. 1 year full-time. Part-time route available.
* Learn how to apply modern financial techniques and models to real-world problems in the context of both national and international environments
* Gain more control over your time with three flexible study options - study part time (choose 1 or 2 modules per term) or full time
* Enhance your career prospects and current vocational skills to a higher level
* Benefit from Plymouth Graduate School of Management's social space that helps create a vibrant and inclusive postgraduate community.
Applicants require a relevant Honours degree or an equivalent professional qualification. Other qualifications accompanied by substantial experience in an appropriate field may also be considered. Non-standard applications will be considered on a case by case basis. Applicants whose 1st language is not English require IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum 5.5 in each component) or equivalent. Pre-sessional English language courses are available if applicants do not meet these requirements.
You will also study exchange rate movements, inflation and how this affects interest rates, currency options, financial futures and swaps. In addition, you have a choice of further study options to enable you to widen your knowledge in particular areas of finance. You will need to write a final dissertation.
* International Finance
* Corporate Finance
* Financial Management
* Dissertation in Finance
* Financial Statement Analysis
* Advanced Credit Management
* Real Estate and Alternative Investments
* Corporate Risk Management
* Quantitative Finance and Methods
The modules shown for this course or programme are those being studied by current students, or expected new modules. Modules are subject to change depending on year of entry.
Get in touch today and increase your future employability