MBA (Year in Business)
This intensive AMBA-accredited programme is designed to help you build effective management skills, understand management within the global context and develop a network of international associates. You will gain detailed knowledge relating to problems of management in different contexts, using conceptual tools for analysing management in the private or public sector and it will provide you with critical awarenss of research methodologies.
By electing to spend a year in business you will also be able to integrate theory and practice and gain real business experience. We provide a learning environment where students can use their experience of organisations to engage with and challenge both the theoretical and case materials and work together on new intellectual and management problems.
As a member of the School of Management you will join an intellectually stimulating, friendly and supportive research environment and, through working closely with our expert and experienced academic staff, you will be in a position to realise your full potential.
- Career planning and development is an integral part of our MBA. You will have continual access to individual careers coaching, up-to-date job market information and skills workshops.
- Our MBA Corporate Speakers are business leaders from a wide range of sectors including HSBC, Nomura, Xero, Microsoft, DHL, Continental, Reuters, Capital One and Cap Gemini.
- Real industry involvement means you will work as part of a team providing companies with recommendation on real business situation for them to implement and benefit from.
- International MBA Study Tour will see you spend five days abroad at another university attending academic lectures, engaging with other students and visiting companies to gain a broader insight into international business and culture.
- Inspiring international community with 60% of our Management students come from overseas, our international student cohort, from a wide range of business backgrounds, will provide you with excellent network opportunities globally.
UK 2:1 (Honours) or equivalent.
We also consider applications from individuals with considerable management experience but no first degree.
Work experience: You will have three or more years full-time work experience, which includes evidence of responsibility for supervising or managing other people as a line manager or project lead.
Motivation: You will be expected to present confidently in class and work effectively with other students, undertaking a variety of pressurised group challenges. You will want to deepen your knowledge of management, harness your soft skills and participate in out-of-class activities such as AMBA, alumni, voluntary or social events.
English language requirements:
IELTS 7.0 overall with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in all other subscores. For equivalencies, please see here
If you require Royal Holloway to sponsor your study in the UK, your IELTS must be a UK government-approved Secure English Language Test (SELT).
- Foundations in Professional Development
- Financial Analysis and Markets
- Consumers and Markets
- Strategy, Technology and Operations in a Globalising World
- People, Leadership and Organisations
- Crossing Cultures (International Study Visit)
- Business Consultancy
If you are able to obtain a suitable work placement offer you may be considered for the option to extend your MBA programme by up to one full year, with a view to using your work experience context for your individual business project. The placement should include the equivalent of five days of formal training and an end of placement performance review.
- Individual Business Project
In this capstone module you will be given a topic, drawn from current issues faced by businesses, and you will be expected to identify and select an organisational or industry context. You will expected to undertake a substantial review of secondary sources, comprising both academic journals and industry publications. Using relevant market research techniques, you will undertake a substantive and unique primary research study, providing a critical analysis with key insights. You will be asked to make justified and feasible managerial suggestions, prepare an executive summary, and deliver a presentation to communicate your findings.
You will be assessed on written assignments, group work and presentations. Preparation for assessments will involve either group work or working on your own.
The fee for the year in industry will be 20% of the first year fee for that academic year.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MBA||Full-time||£ 20,800 (Academic year)||Home/EU||2 Years|
|MBA||Full-time||£ 20,800 (Academic year)||International||2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability