Primary with Physical Education (5-11) PGCE
This course is designed to allow graduates to train at postgraduate level and develop the skills to become a physical education school teacher.
The course aims to develop your professional competencies in the creation and delivery of programmes in primary education with an additional focus on the provision of Physical Education, and to develop the wider professional knowledge and skills expected of a qualified teacher.
This is a 36 week course. The equivalent of 24 weeks (120 days) is spent in 2 carefully selected placement schools and 12 weeks in the university.
You will leave this Teacher Training course with a PGCE qualification. This can be awarded at 3 levels dependent upon performance during the training year, either 30 (Professional) or 60 or 90 (Postgraduate) level 7 credits, in addition to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), the required qualification to teach in England.
- To apply for the course you will need a minimum 2:2 honours degree in an appropriate subject.
- Mathematics, English and Science GCSE grade C qualifications.
- A good general education.
- QTS tests in Numeracy and Literacy must be passed before commencement of the course. Ideally these should be taken either before interview or within 6 weeks of an offer.
- You will also need to demonstrate a good understanding of the education system gained from work or placement in schools or experience of working with primary school aged pupils.
- You will be required to successfully complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application and be certified fit to teach.
- You must be ICT literate.
- We recommend you submit a well considered personal statement on the UCAS application form as this is a key part of the short listing process.
The PGCE at Staffordshire University offers specialist support and expertise from tutors who are at the forefront of developments in primary education. It is characterised by small class sizes allowing effective links with the schools in our partnership.
Our course puts learning at the heart of what we do. This means that your learning, as the Associate Teacher, is at the centre of the PGCE just as, when you are teaching, the learning of your school students must be at the centre of your work.
The course is distinctive because it involves a mix of university input and school experience every week of the course, close attention to your individual needs and a genuine sense of partnership with the schools that we work with.
Staffordshire University has achieved Good OFSTED ratings across all stages of our Teaching Training.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|PGCE||Full-time||£ 9,250 (Academic year)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|PGCE||Full-time||£ 10,900 (Academic year)||International||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability