CELTA Teacher Training
Our Cambridge English CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course, which we offer on a full and a part-time basis, is perfect for you if you:
- hope to start a career in English language teaching abroad or in the UK
- would like a qualification which is recognised worldwide as basic training for employment in EFL teaching
- would like to join our database of job opportunities around the world
The CELTA course is a demanding programme, whether taken full or part time. It will involve you in a significant amount of additional work outside of formal course time. This time is necessary to prepare satisfactory lessons, complete assignments, and to generally keep up with the course. Whatever your personal circumstances, but especially if you are working elsewhere or studying additionally, please consider that the demands of the course are high, and that to maintain the integrity of the course and validate the award, we need to rigorously enforce standards of achievement and attendance.
You do not need previous experience, knowledge of teaching, or knowledge of a foreign language for this course.
Please download and complete both the CELTA Application Form AND the Cambridge CELTA application task and return these to us, either by email or by post. The email address for this and our postal address can be found at the bottom of this page.
Assessment of the course is in two parts:
- 6 hours of observed classroom teaching
- 4 assignments which relate closely to your developing understanding of teaching and the English language. These are all take home assignments and there is an opportunity to resubmit work if it is initially not to standard.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|PgCert||Full-time||£ 1,475 (Whole course)||Home/EU||4 Weeks|
|PgCert||Full-time||£ 1,475 (Whole course)||International||4 Weeks|
|PgCert||Part-time||£ 1,475 (Whole course)||Home/EU||10 Weeks|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability