University of Bristol
Education (Mathematics Education)
Our education master's degrees give you the opportunity to design a tailored programme of study that suits your cultural and learning needs. You will be able to specialise and receive an award in a particular disciplinary area.
This pathway is designed for UK and international mathematics teachers and other professionals working in mathematics education, from primary schools to post-16 education. You will be supported in integrating the theory and practice of teaching and learning mathematics by:
- being an active researcher of your own and others' practice, including reworking your own practice;
- carrying out small-scale research projects, one of which can act as a pilot project for the major work of your dissertation;
- engaging with research literature, especially the current journals and activity of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education;
- engaging with new developments in teaching and learning mathematics;
- updating your mathematics knowledge;
- writing assignments that show the emergence of a theoretical frame, presenting a literature search and developing ideas from a seminar;
- becoming confident with presentation, argumentation, research and ICT skills.
The course has been recognised as excellent by the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics.
MSc: A good UK undergraduate honours degree (or international equivalent) and normally some appropriate professional experience. This could include professional mathematics teaching experience, working as a learning support assistant for mathematics, or visiting mathematics classrooms as a researcher.
See international equivalent qualifications on the International Office website.
Fees quoted are per annum and subject to annual increase.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||£ 6,400 (Whole course)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||£ 15,700 (Whole course)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||17,800 (Year 1)||International||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||7,650 (Year 1)||Channel Islands||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||7,650 (Year 1)||England||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||7,650 (Year 1)||Wales||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||7,650 (Year 1)||EU||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||7,650 (Year 1)||Northern Ireland||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||7,650 (Year 1)||Scotland||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability