International Healthcare Management
Healthcare is a subject area that affects everyone from all over the world, and this programme gives you a chance to delve into the worldwide management of this complex and vital field. Our MSc in International Healthcare Management will build on your existing experience whilst enhancing your knowledge of the challenges faced by the industry and how to build a successful management and leadership within it.* This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to progress your career in a wide variety of healthcare and related organisations.
Developed and taught by subject experts, this programme will look into the complex healthcare management issues facing managers today and give you the ability to make decisions and implement change, whilst gaining an understanding and awareness of risks and how to evaluate alternative approaches. You will also learn to recognise and address ethical, social and political dilemmas, and how to apply ethical and organisational values to situations and choices.
There will also be the opportunity to develop a focused piece of independent research into a global healthcare management issue that is personal or of interest to you.
* The start date and details of this course are still subject to University approval. In the event that approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
Academic entry route
In order to satisfy the Academic Entry Route requirements for our MSc International Healthcare Management programme you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution equivalent to a UK Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification.
If English is not your first language, IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or equivalent. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification.
Work experience entry route
We recognise that you can gain skills in a wide variety of ways and that prior academic performance is not the only indicator of an applicant’s ability. Therefore, if you do not meet the minimum academic standards above, you may still be eligible to enrol via our work experience entry route.
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our MSc International Healthcare Management programme you must meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- At least five years’ senior level work experience supported by appropriate references.
- English language proficiency should be at a level equivalent to IELTS (Academic) 6.5.
You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’re a national of, or if you have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
Your application will be considered on an individual basis taking into account your motivation for doing the course, prior work experience and other relevant qualifications that demonstrate your ability to successfully complete the programme.
21-day money back guarantee
If you enrol on our MSc International Healthcare Management programme but decide that online learning isn’t for you, we will allow you to withdraw within 21 days of the start date stated on your offer letter. If you have paid an initial deposit up front, you will receive a full refund.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for the MSc International Healthcare Management is based on a combination of written coursework and work on a dissertation or individual project.
You are able to see your current provisional marks from the start of the programme, allowing you to evaluate the success of your current study methods and clearly identify areas to improve. We believe that this transparency gives you the information you need to make the most of your Masters course. We achieve this by:
- showing your marks clearly in your gradebook, which can be viewed whenever you log onto the learning platform
- the rapid turnaround of work assessed to ensure that your gradebook is always up to date
- assessing your work throughout the module rather than waiting for end of year exams
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Adviser
- the simplicity and transparency in the design of our assessment criteria
We also have a policy of ensuring that work submitted by students is authentic. As well as the fact that all work is frequently assessed, we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|PgCert||Online study||January 2019||£ 3,536 (Whole course)||8 Months|
|PgDip||Online study||January 2019||£ 7,072 (Whole course)||16 Months|
|MSc||Online study||January 2019||£ 10,608 (Whole course)||24 Months|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability