University of Liverpool Management School
The Liverpool MBA
If you’re looking to develop your skills as an effective manager and potential leader, then the Liverpool MBA is the programme for you. You’ll build a deeper understanding of core business and management disciplines and learn how they link together strategically and operationally. You will also undertake a range of roles in diverse teams.
The core elements of the programme – leadership, strategy, organisations, consultancy, managerial economics, international business, innovation, entrepreneurship, marketing, supply chain management and managing financial resources – are delivered in concentrated blocks to encourage a deeper understanding, with a strong emphasis on interactive teaching and learning.
The elective modules allow specialisation in areas of finance, marketing and supply chain management, or allow you to explore new areas of project design and management challenges in nonprofit sectors. The broader skills you’ll acquire include analysis, problem solving, creativity and decision-making.
The Developing as a Manager and a Leader module will also serve to strengthen and hone your interpersonal, communication and leadership abilities – all of which will prepare you for success within the modern organisation. Cutting edge research and theory, we believe, has most value when it can be seen working in practice, which is why live case studies and simulations are central to teaching and learning. You’ll also have a range of opportunities to work on real projects for sponsoring organisations through work based projects and the student-led consultancy service.
MBA candidates are normally expected to have a minimum of 2–3 years of substantive managerial experience in the private or public sector.
English language qualifications
All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language, and are required to provide evidence of this.
Semester 1: compulsory modules
- Leadership, Management and Organisation (ULMS847)
- Managerial Economics (ULMS848)
- Managing Financial Resources (ULMS701)
- Marketing and Supply Chain Management (ULMS846)
- Strategy and Organisation (ULMS822)
- Strategic Management Simulation (ULMS774)
Semester 2: compulsory modules
- Developing as a Manager and a Leader (ULMS821)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (ULMS704)
- International Business and the Global Environment (ULMS 849)
- Management Consulting in Practice (ULMS850)
Semester 2: optional modules
- Service Management (ULMS852)
- Project Design and Evaluation (ULMS853)
- Advanced Financial and Management Accounting (ULMS537)
- Advanced Corporate Finance and Financial Management (ULMS538)
- The Financial System and Risk Management (ULMS539)
- Local Entrepreneurship and Enterprise (ULMS534)
- Managing and Communicating the Brand (ULMS540)
- Public and Not-for-Profit Management (ULMS 851)
- Operations and Supply Chain Management (EBUS615)
- Work Based Project or Dissertation
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MBA||Full-time||£ 16,000 (Academic year)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|MBA||Part-time||£ 16,000 (Academic year)||Home/EU||2 Years|
|MBA||Full-time||£ 23,000 (Academic year)||International||1 Years|
|MBA||Part-time||£ 23,000 (Academic year)||International||2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability