University of Liverpool Management School
Thoroughbred Horseracing Industries MBA
This unique Thoroughbred Horseracing Industries MBA is the only masters-level qualification in the world to be delivered through an exclusive partnership with Britain’s Horserace Betting Levy Board and the British Horseracing Authority. Although UK based, our partners will provide access to the Thoroughbred Horseracing Industry across the globe. In addition, they will provide a number of scholarships for eligible students. The programme combines the Management School’s expertise in sports industry management, with the specialist equine knowledge of the University’s School of Veterinary Science.
As an MBA programme it has the real business focus that management positions in modern horseracing demand. This is based on links with key sectors of the industry—from owners, trainers, leading racecourses and the media, to the gambling industry. If you’re looking to develop your skills as an effective manager and potential leader in the global horseracing industry, this is the MBA for you. The core elements of the programme – leadership, strategy, managing the environment, innovation, managing financial resources – are delivered in concentrated blocks to encourage a deeper understanding, with a strong emphasis on interactive teaching and learning.
MBA Candidates are normally expected to have a minimum of 2–3 years of substantive managerial experience in the private or public sector.
Candidates will normally be expected to hold a 2:1 Honours degree (which may be in any discipline) from a UK university, or an equivalent professional qualification from a similar non-UK institution.
Non-graduates who possess extensive professional experience are encouraged to apply.
English language qualifications
All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language, and are required to provide evidence of this.
Semester 1 Compulsory Modules
- Leadership, Management and Organisation (ULMS847)
- Managerial Economics (ULMS848)
- Managing Financial Resources (ULMS701)
- Marketing, Sponsorship and Media in the Thoroughbred Horseracing Industry (ULMS606)
- Strategy and Organisation (ULMS822)
- Sport, the Law, Regulation and Integrity (ULMS608)
Semester 2 Compulsory Modules
- Becoming a Horseracing Industries Executive (ULMS605)
- The Economics and Finance of the International Thoroughbred Horseracing Industry (ULMS609)
- Equine Welfare and Thoroughbred Racehorse Security (VETS800)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (ULMS704)
- International Business and the Global Environment (ULMS 849)
- Racecourse and Event Management (ULMS607)
- Work Based Project or Dissertation
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|MBA||Full-time||£ 16,000 (Academic year)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|MBA||Part-time||£ 16,000 (Academic year)||Home/EU||2 Years|
|MBA||Full-time||£ 23,000 (Academic year)||International||1 Years|
|MBA||Part-time||£ 23,000 (Academic year)||International||2 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability