Early Years Initial Teacher Training
This course offers training, adapted to your needs, to help you meet the Teachers' Standards (Early Years) that will enable you to teach across the 0-5 age range (the Early Years Foundation Stage). These standards support the training, assessment and award of Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS), and will provide you with a deeper understanding of the educational process through the early years and Key Stage 1 and 2. It is designed for those already working or seeking to work with the early years age group.
A good honours degree or equivalent. A minimum of 2:1 is desirable although applicants with extensive experience in Early Years will also be considered. We accept UCAS points from other qualifications.
The course is split into three units that are studied in one year, part time.
- Unit 1 – Developing Professional and Reflective Practice
- Unit 2 – Developing a pedagogical approach across the educational continuum of the EYFS (0-5), Key Stage 1 and 2.
- Unit 3 - Developing a critical awareness of practitioner responsibility by promoting Equality of Opportunity, Anti-discriminatory Practice and Children’s Rights
The year long course consists of three 20-credit units at level 6. The assessment is based on trainees meeting the Teachers' Standards (Early Years).
The assessment process is likely to include:
- A formative development and progress review to determine your progress in meeting the Teachers' Standards (Early Years)
- A portfolio of evidence which relates to your practice against the Teachers' Standards (Early Years)
- Direct observation of your practice
- Academic progress towards age related modules/assignments and placement
If you are studying as part of the ‘National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL)’ route, your fees will be paid by the NCTL. The NCTL also offers an employer incentive of £7,000 to cover the cost of university days and 6 weeks alternate placement.
UK/EU fees include Channel Islands and Isle of Man students.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Fee locale||Course duration|
|Graduate Certificate||Part-time||£ 3,080 (Credit module)||Home/EU||1 Years|
|Graduate Certificate||Part-time||£ 6,300 (Credit module)||International||1 Years|
Get in touch today and increase your future employability